SIRN

waynepettrey

Feed Provider
While visiting in West Virginia this week, I had my pro-651 in wildcard mode and found the following talkgroup Id's.

I was in Mercer County, near Princeton. I didn't get to hear what agency, it was just a short conversation. Anyone have any info.

Thanks
Wayne

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
While visiting in West Virginia this week, I had my pro-651 in wildcard mode and found the following talkgroup Id's.

I was in Mercer County, near Princeton. I didn't get to hear what agency, it was just a short conversation. Anyone have any info.

Thanks
Wayne

5436 sounds like Bramwell VFD Private to me, I'm not sure about 9484 I haven't heard anything on it

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Neither is City of Wheeling. I have been checking the fcc database and have not seen any new frequencies for the weirton tower yet

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
They really need to so I give them a couple of months or sooner they will be on there

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I would agree that Brooke, Hancock county's and the City of Wheeling will happen some time in 2016. The big question is when it will ?

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Well I think wheeling will be first and then brooke and then hancock county's will switch it all depends when they get the tower in weirton on I would think.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
WQWY442 - New Preston Co (likely SIRN) trunked license

New license approved for Preston Co trunked site (almost guaranteed to be another SIRN site. 11-2015 SIRN newsletter mentions Preston co).

+39° 18' 40.5", -79° 45' 21.6"
WQWY442

Maps

I'm also betting SIRN will have a better / more interesting name for the site than "Rowlesburg"

Mike

rookiee

Quinwood

Just picked up TG 6534 on Quinwood Tower. Anybody have any ideas on this one?

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
I caught this T/G on the Ohio County Tower during the Storm Friday. Not sure what it is for. Heard them say something about Brooke County but not sure. Any body else hear this? 9771

BM82557

I caught this T/G on the Ohio County Tower during the Storm Friday. Not sure what it is for. Heard them say something about Brooke County but not sure. Any body else hear this? 9771

I didn't hear that night from my end of the state but I have heard it in the past, it's Homeland Security -

Last edited:

102Whisenant

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a talkgroup for New River Transit Authority in Raleigh County, heard them talking this morning on my way to work but was unable to catch the talkgroup

W3DMV

Using the RRDB, I see almost every county has talk groups assigned for their use. In many
systems everyone has talk groups for their use but seldom or never use them. I'm trying to figure out
what counties use the system on a daily basis and which areas continue to utilize the
conventional channels listed in the conventional database.
Is there a list, mark or other indication to tell which system is in use ?

MOTOROLANUT

Using the RRDB, I see almost every county has talk groups assigned for their use. In many
systems everyone has talk groups for their use but seldom or never use them. I'm trying to figure out
what counties use the system on a daily basis and which areas continue to utilize the
conventional channels listed in the conventional database.
Is there a list, mark or other indication to tell which system is in use ?

It would be easier of you just state what counties you are interested in listening too. Then the regional WV members could advise you if the SIRN is used in their respective areas or not. Just a thought.

rwopp2

Hearing talk group 4781 in Cabell and Wayne counties. Anyone know who this is?
Sounds like maybe a bus picking people and dropping them off.