First Iranian ham radio contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehdi_asgari

To celebrate 37th anniversary of Iranian Islamic revolution, the first Iranian ham contest is going to be held on February 1st, 2016 and will last for 10 days.

Objective: To encourage and increase contacts (especially DX ones) with Iranian radio amateurs.

Dates:
Contest Period: 10 days (Feb 01, 00:00 UTC - Feb 11, 23:59 UTC)
All modes (CW, SSB, RTTY) can be used on this period.

Bands:
40, 20, 15 and 10 meters
Note: On 20m, the upper limit is 14.250 MHZ

Contact information:
For contest information and any sort of inquiries contact epcontest.2016@gmail.com

Certificates:
Certificates will be awarded to:
1- Top single operator (at least 30 contacts on all modes)
2- Top CW operator
3- Top SSB operator
4- Top RTTY operator
5- Any operator who contacts at least 3 Iranian hams

Getting QSL card:
If you need the printed certificate, you should send 5USD (or equivalent in your currency) to this address: “P.O. Box 14185-736 , Tehran, Iran”
Please use registered mail to make sure it delivers without problems.
WebMoney and Bitcoin are also accepted. (Contact us for more information)

Misc:
Iranian amateurs will use “/contest” at the end of their call sign for this contest.
The deadline for contacting us for certificate is 3 months after the contest.

List of Iranian participants:
EP2FM : Abdollah Sajjadian
EP3RB : Reza Batebi
EP3AG : Ali Ghanbari
EP2FA : Farman Aghdasi
EP2CM : Jamshid Mansoori
EP4HR : Hamid-Reza Rahimi
EP3MIR : Mohammad Mobini
EP3CQ : Ali Solh-Joo
EP2LMA : Mohammad Azimi
EP2LSH: Saeed Shokrollahi
EP2HZM : Hassan Zohoorian
EP2HEK : Hekmatollah Rahimi
EP5MKN : Majid Kiani Nejad
EP5ABD : Bagher Mir-Abdolhagh
EP7AHN : Hamed Nahrir
EP4KHA : Amin Kharadmehr
EP4MMM : Mohammad Mirab
EP2MA : Mohammad Ameli
EP2LSD : Sepehr Dalir
EP3EEE: Ehsan Esteki

K4EET

Chaplain
Also, is there any scoring methodology? Do you know if the authors of N1MM contesting software and N3FJP contesting software have been notified of this contest? Is there a requirement to submit a Cabrillo file of the contacts made? That would be the only way to determine who came out on top in each category. When you say "All Modes", does that include all possibilities like JT65 and other digital modes? Are there suggested operating frequencies? Can the WARC bands be used for additional multipliers?

I guess there are a lot of questions that need to be directed at epcontest.2016@gmail.com.

It would also be good to develop a complete set of contest rules as found in this sample.

Finally, the WA7BNM Contest Calendar needs to be notified of this contest.

Thanks for letting us know.

73, Dave K4EET

Last edited:

mehdi_asgari

Also, is there any scoring methodology? Do you know if the authors of N1MM contesting software and N3FJP contesting software have been notified of this contest? Is there a requirement to submit a Cabrillo file of the contacts made? That would be the only way to determine who came out on top in each category. When you say "All Modes", does that include all possibilities like JT65 and other digital modes? Are there suggested operating frequencies? Can the WARC bands be used for additional multipliers?

I guess there are a lot of questions that need to be directed at epcontest.2016@gmail.com.

It would also be good to develop a complete set of contest rules as found in this sample.

Finally, the WA7BNM Contest Calendar needs to be notified of this contest.

Thanks for letting us know.

73, Dave K4EET

I would be pleased to answer your questions.
We don't have a complex scoring system. It's our first time, so even if a ham can contact 3 Iranian hams (or more) he/she will be awarded a certificate.
With "all modes", I just meant "CW, SSB and RTTY". Sorry for the confusion.
Operating frequencies on the 4 mentioned bands are like US, except 20m (the upper limit is 14.250)
Iranian hams will send their logs (ADIF) to us, so we'll know the contact details.

K4EET

Chaplain
I would be pleased to answer your questions.
We don't have a complex scoring system. It's our first time, so even if a ham can contact 3 Iranian hams (or more) he/she will be awarded a certificate.
With "all modes", I just meant "CW, SSB and RTTY". Sorry for the confusion.
Operating frequencies on the 4 mentioned bands are like US, except 20m (the upper limit is 14.250)
Iranian hams will send their logs (ADIF) to us, so we'll know the contact details.

What is your callsign? I guess your name is Mehdi Asgari but I do not see you on the list of Iranian hams. As for the rest of the information, I understand. Perhaps in the coming years if you all continue the contest, you can follow more closely what other contests do. Even submitting an ADIF file is unusual. Just about all contests if not all require Cabrillo file submittals.

If you all do want a significant turnout from the States, you really need to notify WA7BNM for his contest calendar. It is used Worldwide. I just checked and you all are still not listed for the 11 day contest that begins February 1st at 0000 hours UTC. If you do not get listed on WA7BNM's calendar, don't be surprised if you have a low turnout. Also, it is a little unusual to have such a long contest (11 days) but perhaps that was the time period for this event in your country.

Not sure if I'll be available to participate but I do wish you all the best in starting this new contest.

73, Dave K4EET

mehdi_asgari

What is your callsign? I guess your name is Mehdi Asgari but I do not see you on the list of Iranian hams. As for the rest of the information, I understand. Perhaps in the coming years if you all continue the contest, you can follow more closely what other contests do. Even submitting an ADIF file is unusual. Just about all contests if not all require Cabrillo file submittals.

If you all do want a significant turnout from the States, you really need to notify WA7BNM for his contest calendar. It is used Worldwide. I just checked and you all are still not listed for the 11 day contest that begins February 1st at 0000 hours UTC. If you do not get listed on WA7BNM's calendar, don't be surprised if you have a low turnout. Also, it is a little unusual to have such a long contest (11 days) but perhaps that was the time period for this event in your country.

Not sure if I'll be available to participate but I do wish you all the best in starting this new contest.

73, Dave K4EET

Yes, my name is Mehdi Asgari. I'm not a licensed ham yet. I'm a member of the EP2C club (there are just two ham clubs in Iran: EP6PTT and EP2C)
Alborz dx group | First Iranian dx group
I'll have to wait for the next ham radio exam (the last one was held on September 2014 and the previous one, around 2001 !!!!. We hope the next exam will be held soon)
Thanks for the kind words and for calendar link. I will contact its author/maintainer.

K4EET

Chaplain
Yes, my name is Mehdi Asgari. I'm not a licensed ham yet. I'm a member of the EP2C club (there are just two ham clubs in Iran: EP6PTT and EP2C)
Alborz dx group | First Iranian dx group
I'll have to wait for the next ham radio exam (the last one was held on September 2014 and the previous one, around 2001 !!!!. We hope the next exam will be held soon)
Thanks for the kind words and for calendar link. I will contact its author/maintainer.

Pleased to meet you, Mehdi. It is my hope too that you will be able to take the exam for your Amateur Radio license soon and that you pass the exam with all answers to the questions correct. Hope to hear you "on the air" soon!

73, Dave K4EET

Status
Not open for further replies.