New broadcaster in my area already broadcasting what I am????

Status
Not open for further replies.

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
I just noticed that the following user ( eDispatches ) is broadcasting in my county as of today 2-4-2016, I have been broadcasting POLICE / FIRE / EMS since 2011

This NEW Feed provider is only broadcasting ( Fire / EMS ) which I am also broadcasting!!

When I looked at the profile they have LOTS AND LOTS of feeds!!!!!

What am I missing here and how are they doing it if they are not from my area???

eDispatches RadioReference.com Member Profile

Last edited:

BenBass

They are a company that sells a service to fire departments that takes there dispatch audio and compresses it into a file and sends it to there app and as a text message when a department is toned out. Part of the subscription is a unit to send the agency's feed to there servers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perry_kansas

Feed Provider
They are a company that sells a service to fire departments that takes there dispatch audio and compresses it into a file and sends it to there app and as a text message when a department is toned out. Part of the subscription is a unit to send the agency's feed to there servers

HOW are they getting the audio from my county??? Is there somebody ( IN ) my county that is a feed provider like I am with a ACTUAL SCANNER hooked up to a computer then uploading??

BenBass

Yes sir that is correct when an agency signs up with them they provide the agency with the equipment to interface a radio or scanner to send the audio to them

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Moved to Kansas forum as this has nothing to do with the RadioReference Database.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Yes sir that is correct when an agency signs up with them they provide the agency with the equipment to interface a radio or scanner to send the audio to them

So they are contracting with the agency and taking credit (i.e. eligible for the provider benefits) for what should be listed as an official feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.