Delta Ops Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I listen to the Delta company frequency at my home airport, KERI. This is the typical frequency where the planes call in range and talk about any special requirements (wheelchairs, etc.). While at the airport today, I noticed that the ticket agents, baggage handlers, gate keepers, etc. also were talking on portable radios. Does anyone know what frequency they may be using? Probably some business frequency I would guess?

ecps92

The Planes will use the AM Aircraft Freqs, where the Operations is generally on the FM Business channels.

I listen to the Delta company frequency at my home airport, KERI. This is the typical frequency where the planes call in range and talk about any special requirements (wheelchairs, etc.). While at the airport today, I noticed that the ticket agents, baggage handlers, gate keepers, etc. also were talking on portable radios. Does anyone know what frequency they may be using? Probably some business frequency I would guess?

D

DaveNF2G

The AM aircraft channels will most likely be licensed to ARINC or its successor company, rather than to the individual airlines. Finding airline company frequencies outside the aircraft band can be challenging as the licenses might be held by the corporation from out of state.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
The AM aircraft channels will most likely be licensed to ARINC or its successor company, rather than to the individual airlines. Finding airline company frequencies outside the aircraft band can be challenging as the licenses might be held by the corporation from out of state.

I do have the AM freqs for American, Delta, and United at KERI. The Delta business channel I received above is active. I just don't know if American and United use business channels here too. Nothing came up in the search though.

nd5y

Yup, plenty of FM
There could be even more. The lat/lon coordinates I searched was the previously posted license at the airport. There could be other licenses outside of the search radius or mobile-only licenses with a county/state/national area of operation instead of a point radius.

D

DaveNF2G

It can be heard, just not decoded. If you are hearing nothing at all on the frequency, then either it is not in use or you are not in range.

tulsascan

Feed Provider
I work as a Avionics Crew chief for AA, Tulsa Okla. wish that AA could be monitored, hard to get past the encryption. Why they feel its need ? could not tell you.

Stavro35

Gate agents and such use UHF frequency hand held radios. I'm close enough to Seatac to hear them, kinda cool. The odd thing, at least to me. I've not heard much on the VHF air band "company frequencies" in awhile. I used to hear "in range" and special requests and such. I am guessing they're using ACARS more often than not?

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
It can be heard, just not decoded. If you are hearing nothing at all on the frequency, then either it is not in use or you are not in range.

I'm hearing nothing on the AA freqs. I am within a mile of the airport, and can hear Delta agents loud and clear. I may have to park next to the terminal and see if I can hear the AA and United agents that way.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
If anyone else has any ideas on why I can't hear the AA and UInited agents, please let me know. It looks like from the FCC licenses above that these airlines are using more powerful radios than Delta, which I can hear with no problem.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
If they are using simplex and not a repeater, you would have to be right on the airport property to hear them.

There are several reasons you may not hear what you expect to hear:

1. They are using low power hand-helds.
2. They are licensed under business names you may not expect to see.
3. They are a user on a local trunked system licensed to the radio service provider, and the end users don't have an individual license. This is very common.
4. They use radios licensed under two way radio leasing companies.
5. They use DMR or NXDN trunked systems licensed to the radio service provider, and the end users don't have an individual license, and thus would be unlisted. This is very common here.
6. They may be licensed on the frequencies that you see, but don't use them; instead they have moved to #5 above.

Status
Not open for further replies.