Info on the delays/issues with the Metrocrest Quad Cities Public Safety Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

urdumb

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes, my systems are P2 LSM

The system outage was due to GPS timing from bad parameters uploaded to a GPS satellite. Simulcast systems across the country were affected. Some crashed, some stuttered,all were affected. (yes mine too)

Training - what to do when things go bad.
Like I tell my cops....When you go out for firearms training, do you practice malfunction drills? What do you do with a stovepipe, double feed, failure to feed? Do you turn the gun back into XXXXX and tell them it's broken? No, you train on what to use when you have a malfunction. Unfortunately the same amount of training and understanding doesn't go into the piece of equipment they use 90% of the time.

RCC was the consultant? Didn't they go bankrupt and crap out on all of their clients?

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
RCC was the consultant? Didn't they go bankrupt and crap out on all of their clients?

I think the City of Garlands new radio system was consulted by RCC, in the public bids I think I saw them. Let me check real quick.

Edit: Nevermind, they deleted the file that had it.

Last edited:

PlanoTX

Feed Provider
I think the City of Garlands new radio system was consulted by RCC, in the public bids I think I saw them. Let me check real quick.

Edit: Nevermind, they deleted the file that had it.

RCC is the consultant for Garland/ Mesquite.

DustyH777

Premium Subscriber
I know this might be off subject a tad but Friday afternoon for about 45 minutes Addison TAC Channel 5 (Analog System) was dispatching test bumps using a computer voice like Plano.

n5ims

There is currently lots of traffic on the old analog system with radio testing and confirmation from the new dispatch center to the Farmer's Branch PD & FD stations and units. Sounds like they're in the final prep stage of migrating from their old dispatch center to the new combined dispatch center. I've read that they have been pressured to migrate soon, despite the problems with the new radio system. This pressure is from the folks that were supposed to have moved into the space used by their old dispatch center several months ago. I suspect that this pressure is due to pressure from the folks that are to move into their old space, etc. etc. etc.. One delay leads to a second delay, and a third, and a forth, ...

Last edited:

tonypl056

My theory is you stay with a trusted leader " MOTOROLA" you can not outrun it by any means.
Harris has been nothing but JUNK from the get go and will continue to be. all Harris wants to do is pass the buck and blame everyone and everything else,but not themselves and their crap equipment. it's true the old system was and is getting tired but come hell or high water you can bet it will be a life saver as long as is it in operation. as one member mentioned, once the old system is decommissioned then what?
no fail safe, except for cellphone, but what if we have an extreme event that knocks out even cellphones then OOOPs. i guess that's somebody else s fault too huh Harris?? J.U.N.K!!

*** Tony

God Bless All !!

n5ims

While not related to the new radio system (they've moved back to the old one at this point), the Carrollton CAD is currently down, all screens are frozen. IT is working on it, but they're on the backup manual system so things are slow and lacking much details for the officers.

tonypl056

NO FBFD traffic on old system or updates for them on new system as of 03/03/2016

I am not sure if it's my radio or not but it seems that the traffic from the FBFD has been missing on the old system for the past few days. as far as database updates i have seen nothing new for them on the new system, and nothing new on them as far as the old system.
the PD is doing well on the old system but as mentioned, i have heard no radio traffic from the FBFD. can someone update please?

Thanks,

God Bless

Tony

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I guess you get what you paid for.

Motorola is about the best providers for Public Safety Radios.

Costly, then you have to pay to have the best

David

jkentclax

Addison TX fire frequency

I am just curious how to hear the Addison fire dispatch now. It seems while listening to the online feed, they have CAD dispatch. I have the same frequencies as before on the analog system, but can't hear the dispatch on my scanner. Police works fine as well as Carrollton fire dispatch.

DustyH777

Premium Subscriber
Addison TAC 5

Monitored for a couple days, thank goodness for the record option on the BCD436HP. Its automated with all sorts of funny sounds for calls. Looks like its serving Addison, Farmers Branch, Coppell. This is on the Analog system. Don't know about Carrollton, assume they are still dispatching on there own.

n5ims

Addison and Farmer's Branch FD appear to be sharing the automated dispatch system being broadcast on Addison Fire TAC 5 (or from the database, TAC 6), talkgroup 52048. Some of the Carrollton and Coppel FD dispatches are also being made on this channel as well (those related to mutual aid on the old member cities).

FD Dispatch for the two cities have moved to the new combined dispatch center which is why they appear to be using a common dispatch channel. Also, they are no longer using the short station numbers for those cities FD stations (e.g. station 1) but in stead are using the full station number (101 for station 1 in Addison and 131 for station 1 in Farmer's Branch).

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Carrollton's working a house fire now, in their city, and they're using Addison's Fire Tac 3/51984.

n5ims

Carrollton moved to the EmTech dispatch center today so all agencies should now be using it (perhaps not Coppell since they're still on the Lewisville system). This will allow them to send out the closest unit(s), regardless of which agency they're from or what town the incident is in. It may also have them use whatever TAC channel is "next up" instead of one for the incident's city.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So, is the new system history? Any updates on where MetroCrest is going?
I've heard virtually nothing on this system for a while.

Yesterday, I was up in McKinney for lunch, and caught a couple of brief transmissions on a talk group that was not identified on my way back, but nothing of enough duration to hazard a guess as to usage.

BillManning

Metrocrest Quad Cities PSRS Update?

The joint dispatch system is fully operational for all four cities, however they are still operating on the Lewisville Analog system - using multiple channels from all of the member cities. Does anyone have a status of switching to the P25 Phase II digital system? Only information I see online is the posting of the meeting agenda's with no meeting minutes.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Seems like they may be getting closer to moving over to the P25 system again.
2266 seems to be the main Fire Dispatch/Response channel, with 2267 being used for Alerting.

Status
Not open for further replies.