Tacoma/puyallup dual system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

verhoffj1

Premium Subscriber
Well I just pulled the trigger! I cant wait to get and and see what it does! Thanks for the Information! What Scanners do you have?

Well I just pulled the trigger! I cant wait to get and and see what it does! Thanks for the Information! What Scanners do you have?
You're welcome!! I currently use the 436hp and have various conventional scanners...I am also planning on getting a 536hp or Home patrol2 later this year. How about you??

robbie2

Buckley PD & Buckley FD

Hi all!
Which models of scanners will allow me to hear Bonney Lake/Sumner/Buckley police chatter?

Has the new system gone into place yet?

Thank you
~Keely

if you don't have there new frequecy
773.48125c

155.0100 is dead maybe the buckley public works department uses there old frequency i seen they have radios in the buckley public works vehicles.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Robbie2,,,what you have listed in your above post are the main and intermediate control channels for the Buckley simulcast tower (located on a mountain miles east of enumclaw) that serves the Southsound 911 system. Without the appropriate talkgroups (Buckley fire/police) loaded into the system you will not hear anything unles you scan the system and pinpoint them. Buckley fire is located there on the Echo bank however no talkgroups have been published for that fire bank or for buckley pd or even fife for that matter which was supposed to go to that system. Remember, that bonney lake,sumner and puyallup are on the PSRS system and listed in the database. On the SS911 system you should hear PC Sheriff well from your location..mac

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Sorry, i forgot to mention that all in the above post is contingient on you having a phase 2 capible radio with a search feature

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Buckley PD talkgroup is 40159 on SS911, fire dispatched on C-1 and buckley fire units are directed to the old vhf freq's for now

amtrak8

Premium Subscriber
Technically Buckley, Carbonado, Greenwater and Crystal are dispatched on Echo 1. USDD is just verbalizing the dispatch on Delta 1, Charlie 1 and Bravo 1. Those agencies will eventually shift over to the new SR410 VHF system this year. Buckley and Carbonado may go to Charlie bank for incidents.

Stavro35

For clarification.

if you don't have there new frequecy
773.48125c

155.0100 is dead maybe the buckley public works department uses there old frequency i seen they have radios in the buckley public works vehicles.

Are the frequencies posted above a separate system from the 800mhz Phase II frequencies shared in this thread?

dpm3

Can anyone here confirm whether or not there are ANY public safety agencies still actually using the "old" Tacoma Puyallup Public Safety (Motorola Smartzone II) ssytem as opposed to the "PSRS" (P25 Phase 2) system; and, if so what those agencies might be?

Stavro35

I'd like to piggyback on this thread if I may? I am located in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island. I have the Tacoma. West Seattle and Phase II sites in my 436hp. The only time I ever hear anything at all on that system is if it's Piece county transit. and that's it. Am I too far away to hear the Public safety communications? Steve

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
I heard Puyallup PD multi-casted on the analog system recently. However, If one hasn't upgraded to a P2 receiver, then you're missing most of the LE talk.

jparks29

John McClane
Can anyone here confirm whether or not there are ANY public safety agencies still actually using the "old" Tacoma Puyallup Public Safety (Motorola Smartzone II) ssytem as opposed to the "PSRS" (P25 Phase 2) system; and, if so what those agencies might be?

Sumner, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, and LERN are the only agencies currently broadcasting from sites.

I've had Unitrunker on 3 control channels for the better part of 3 weeks and not a peep from any other TG.

I submitted a database update request but was told that since it's a 'backup system' that they won't change things because it may be used in the future...

So much for not confusing people...

78turbo

Sumner, Puyallup, Bonney Lake, and LERN are the only agencies currently broadcasting from sites.

I've had Unitrunker on 3 control channels for the better part of 3 weeks and not a peep from any other TG.

I submitted a database update request but was told that since it's a 'backup system' that they won't change things because it may be used in the future...

So much for not confusing people...

I have heard Tacoma PD on these channels frequently using the North and South Dispatch talkgroups within the last month. I agree that the other agencies are more active on this system.

RBMTS

I added a news heading into the system that will inform users that the system is in the process of being phased out and that most agencies have switched to either the PSRS or the South Sound systems. Until this system is completely off the air, it will remain in the database due to current activity and the possibility that it could be used as a backup for some agencies.

jparks29

John McClane
I added a news heading into the system that will inform users that the system is in the process of being phased out and that most agencies have switched to either the PSRS or the South Sound systems. Until this system is completely off the air, it will remain in the database due to current activity and the possibility that it could be used as a backup for some agencies.

TY.

This site is about helping out and making information available in the least confusing way. Thanks for following through on that mission.

amtrak8

Premium Subscriber
All of those listed on that document appear correct, except Anderson Island Fire went to 800 not 700. After testing was done, it was found that it made more sense to put them on the 800 system.

kc1028

Tried experimenting with a Yagi and got great results. To try I just bought a very cheap one off Amazon, $15. At my house near Narrows SS911 is 5 bars and excellent. TPPSRS is a couple at best and sucks. At work in Gig Harbor get nothing from PSRS but wanted to hear SS911 for fire and West PD. Took this to work and inside the building finally get 2 -3 bars on the SS911 and can now hear PD and fire very well. Got back home and took it outside and easily get full 5 on the PSRS and excellent sound.
So now I have to assume the higher prices antennas will do an even better job for work. Will mount this cheapie at home and try a better for work. Thanks for posting this info. Helped a LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.