Memphis Fire Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
have a question, here visiting

i notice in the database the fireground channel tags are set up as GRD but the dispatcher is sending units to B06 etc is this a database error i see those tags in the description

thanks in advance

DickH

have a question, here visiting

i notice in the database the fireground channel tags are set up as GRD but the dispatcher is sending units to B06 etc is this a database error i see those tags in the description

thanks in advance

It's probably the channel number on their radios. Here in Portland our main fireground is OPS-1 (A01 on our radios).

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
i kinda figured the radios have an abcd switch, i renamed my channels but Memphis seems a little weird they give a tac but seem to not really use it, im just barely in range in southhaven right now but i may move up closer

DickH

i kinda figured the radios have an abcd switch, i renamed my channels but Memphis seems a little weird they give a tac but seem to not really use it, im just barely in range in southhaven right now but i may move up closer

Our radios have a 3-position toggle switch (A, B, C) and a 16-position rotary switch, so you have immediate access to 48 channels; A01 to A16, B01 to B16 and C01 to C16.
There are also D to J giving a total of 160 channels.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok i got it now, my brain just wasnt correlating properly, thank you sir

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
For more information, I highly recommend shooting an PM to Matthew Tomek here on the forums as he not only provides the live feeds for MFD, and SCFD/EMS, but he is also an ranking officer of MFD, and I believe still an Chief in the DeSoto County MS Fire Services. Or he may reply here if he reads this. :cool:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Ok cool, thanks, I ran into a MFD LT today at the CB shop of all places, but didn't get to ask him about the radios felt it might be impolite

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Milf gives me a little too much credit. I'm a dispatcher with MFD and Secretary/Treasurer with the firefighters union, the later of which I've been since 2009. Fireground channels are on various zones in the radios, alpha through delta. Multi-company calls are assigned a fireground channel, whether it's medical or fire. Delta 12 is ground 30 and down from there. Alpha 7 is ground 1. I have a list somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.