IMPD District Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Indianapolis Metropolitan PD has made some changes in districts/divisions. East has been regrouped with portions of North, and Southeast, and is now the Northeast District.

IMPD is now divided into North, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest Patrol Districts. I am not sure if further reorganization is in near future. I hope to speak with the Chief soon. (Get to see him regularly at Pa and Ma's Backyard BBQ in the "Post" on MLK!)

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
And yes I forgot Downtown.....

So Downtown, North, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest. All CID, Traffic, etc are as far as I know, still the same.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Not that I know of. And the IMPD website sucks for updated info on many areas. Some of the data there is as old as 2008ish. Some parts are current, but that seems to be the way it goes with government websites. I was confused at first when I no longer heard East over the air, and was only hearing Dispatch, and Control calling Northeast for a month. So I talked with a couple of the officers and was told of the "shuffle". I will keep digging.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Correct, ED is now NE. Some changes due to new administration etc. Some due to just making sense. (Scary, I know, anything making sense in INDY! LOL)

On the new lines: From what I can tell, only a couple of streets will be shifting from North, and from Southeast and the new lines will be very nearly what they are now, with the only big change being the name change from East, to Northeast. If it was up to me, I would yank a chunk of NE, NW, SE, and SW and give to Central (Downtown).... That is way too small an patrol area compared to the other 4. But that's just my thoughts.

GTO_04

Correct, ED is now NE. Some changes due to new administration etc. Some due to just making sense. (Scary, I know, anything making sense in INDY! LOL)

On the new lines: From what I can tell, only a couple of streets will be shifting from North, and from Southeast and the new lines will be very nearly what they are now, with the only big change being the name change from East, to Northeast. If it was up to me, I would yank a chunk of NE, NW, SE, and SW and give to Central (Downtown).... That is way too small an patrol area compared to the other 4. But that's just my thoughts.

Thank you. North District is huge too, and elongated. Castleton Square and 38th/Meridian are in the same district!

GTO_04

W9NES

During the Police action shooting on Tues 4/5/16 heard control putting out on NE-1 about all units not involved in the shooting to go to ED-2, ED-1 is is restricted.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
The radio TG titles are still the same in the system as it would require a complete reprogramming of all the radios in the IMPD lineup to change the TG profiles in the templates/codeplug. The actual name of the District has changed. I will do a tiny housekeeping touch to our DB.... Will look kinda funny but accurate to show (ED 1 Northeast District Primary) Oh well, I'm going to keep it as NORTHEAST 1 in my scanners as it reflects actual usage. Either way, I am sure someone will not like the way it looks lol.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Per submitted data, and other sources, all Marion County LEA Radios have now been updated via OTAP and Actual Touch to the new TG Lineup. What was formerly MET-E1, E2, E3 are now officially MET-NE1, NE2, and NE3. You will still hear some officers, and controllers refer to the old nomenclature for some time. After all, some of them still call the IDPSC Radio Shop MECA, and that was long ago changed. Eventually someone in the IT departments of IMPD, and IDPSC will update the web pages to reflect the new line up and maps, as well as the actual gear in use. Eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.