Trouble with homePatrol 1 scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightingnut

I am having a strange problem with my HomePatrol 1 scanner. My feed showed online before I replaced my RS Pro96 scanner with a HomePatrol 1 scanner and now my feed shows offline. I did not touch the computer the scanner is connected to. I have the volume on the scanner all the way up. Not sending tags.

After swapping out scanners and seeing the message my feed was offline I checked the audio coming to the computer and the VU meter shows I am getting good audio to the computer.

Next I restarted the Broadcastify streaming software, that did not help. Next I restarted the computer and the streaming software. Once all that had restarted and I logged in, I got an email saying my feed is back online but on the list of scanners for that county my feed still showed off line. But I could hear the feed using the software. Not sure if there is a lag in the feed showing online or not.

Then about Midnight 7/03/16 I got an email saying the feed is offline. and is still offline as of this email. So I have no idea what is going on with it.
Any help would be great.
Thanks so much.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Your scanner shouldn't have anything to do with your feed being offline, that is your computer, ISP, or the software. A feed can remain online even if the scanner is disconnected (just no audio).

Try using RadioFeed instead.

lightingnut

Thanks for the info, that is what I thought also that the scanner would have nothing to do with the feed being on line or off. I will look into using RadioFeed.
Thanks

lightingnut

Please, I need more help with my feed. The feed is still showing off line but the computer shows connected and the scanner is putting out audio. I can even get to web sites.
I have tried restarting the computer and scanner software a few times as well as logging in and logging out and back in and this did not help.
When I went to upgrade my scanner from the RS Pro96 to the Home Patrol 1 that is when the feed went off line. I am not sending tags, I do not have a USB cable connected to the scanner only audio cable.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.