Northern Virginia Incidents

freqhopping

The helo was Fairfax1 picking up the victim at the airport. Fox news reporting now that she died.

Not mentioned yet:
The suspect a black male, Derek Lewis (or some variation of those names) surrendered to LCSO.

freqhopping

Missed any reason why, testing maybe? All I heard was a dispatcher say to change to 8 Tac 94 (853.0125). Turns out it's LCSO using it currently. The control channel frequency (853.9125) has some other noise I haven't heard before. Just heard LPD digital comms on 853.9125 .

The control channel has changed to 853.6625.
Seems like there are open carriers on a lot of system freqs. LPD, animal control and courts have been heard on the system though.

1549- Seeing a little activity on Pro96Com but not hearing anything. Radios are still affiliating with the system.
1554- Apparently works for LPD still somehow.
1607- Someone is transmitting on 8 Tac 93 852.5125. Maybe the jail.

Last edited:

j2brown

Feed Provider
Major outage on the system, at least the fire side. Fire is using Fairfax 41D, E, F, and G, plus Frederick (MD) 9C Fire 1 UFN.

Last edited:
D

darunimal

over in chuckyco 8tac93 had to go, must me keeping up their westside repeater in the county to help fairfax out, its just white noise over here in the middle.

freqhopping

Fairfax Co pursuing a felony larceny suspect from Tysons Corner. Northbound Rt123 past the toll road.

Sounds like they got them in custody at Old Dominion. Rush hour on Friday is not exactly the best time to make a get away. LOL

ricktal1965

Virginia chase of gunmen

I Virginia Sat. 7/30/16 Lancaster sheriff's office reported a bus w/ 10 armed people crossed into Middlesex. Middlesex Sheriff's deputy followed vehicle to inter. 64 mile marker 213.5. State police, New Kent and King William's sheriff deputies and more intercepted vehicle. Driver armed....last I heard. "They" had shot into a party in Lancaster co.

Any other news about this incident?

mikev

Missed what led up to it, but a Loudoun deputy shot someone with a knife on Carriage Horse Drive in Aldie.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2016

LCSO and Virginia State Police on Scene of Deputy Related Shooting in Aldie

Loudoun County, VA- A Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Deputy responding to a domestic-related incident at a home in Aldie, Va. was involved in a fatal shooting this morning.

Around 4:45 a.m. on August 5, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a disorderly subject damaging items inside his home in the 41400 block of Carriage Horse Drive. The call for law enforcement assistance was made by a relative also living at the residence.

The initial investigation indicates that as the deputy arrived, the subject in question advanced on the deputy with a knife near the front doorway. The subject was advised multiple times by the deputy to drop the knife but failed to comply. The deputy responded by firing a single shot which fatally injured the subject.

At the request of the Loudoun County Sheriff, the Virginia State Police is conducting the investigation. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office will assist as needed.

The investigation is in the preliminary stages and further details will be released as they become available.

ecarvalho

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 5, 2016

Loudoun County, VA- A Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office Deputy responding to a domestic-related incident at a home in Aldie, Va. was involved in a fatal shooting this morning.

Around 4:45 a.m. on August 5, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a disorderly subject damaging items inside his home in the 41400 block of Carriage Horse Drive. The call for law enforcement assistance was made by a relative also living at the residence.

The initial investigation indicates that as the deputy arrived, the subject in question advanced on the deputy with a knife near the front doorway. The subject was advised multiple times by the deputy to drop the knife but failed to comply. The deputy responded by firing a single shot which fatally injured the subject.

At the request of the Loudoun County Sheriff, the Virginia State Police is conducting the investigation. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office will assist as needed.

The investigation is in the preliminary stages and further details will be released as they become available.

Can you share the link source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecarvalho

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 5, 2016

FYI
http://garchives1.broadcastify.com/22223/20160805/201608050339-950062-22223.mp3

freqhopping

Just got around to listening to the archive recording. The MWAA crap really ought to be removed from the feed. Nothing but traffic stops and door alarms.

There was actually a transmission where the deputy did say "shots fired". I think a few transmissions were missed, probably from the scanner being on the MWAA system.

ricktal1965

Talked to friend about the incident in reference: One person, driver legally armed. One other arrested for pending warrants. No assault weapon was found in vehicle as transmitted. Further conversation indicated, suspects not those that fired into party in Northumberland, Co., VA....

Reliable info. Horses-mouth.

Will keep in touch on other high priority matters heard.

Just got new pro-668, expecting good results. Live within 200yds, of tower/repeater. Particular focus Gloucester Co (P25), VSP and rumor has it "local" going (p25) also. On non-regular daily basis have toning on 155.875 analog (my local) Middlesex Sheriff. The at 3:30 to 4:00am alot more. Assuming the system is being tuned.

Mathews all analog, Middlesex all analog (at present), Gloucester Sheriff shares w/ York, James City Willaimsburg trunk -but Ems analog. Because I live in a marine environment I look forward to exploring digital invest.

Deltaville, VA

Thanks for keeping touch

freqhopping

9/11 Memorial Ride is currently passing through Leesburg. Heard LCSO mention that a RINS channel is being used. Searching for that now.
VSP is on Interop LE7 6149.

freqhopping

VSP is slowing it down to 25mph to bunch it back up and get on the Greenway. A few lost stragglers will take the 15 bypass vs going through town in order to catch up.

1520- Tail end just getting through town. Lead is at Rt606.

LCSO say RINS4 is what is being used by some. I've haven't heard anything on it.

I'm listening with a 436HP.

Last edited: