Alfa Tags for live feed, programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorecats

Hello all,

I'm currently running unitrunker on osx and would like to add alfa tags to the live stream I provide. Unfortunately I can't find any information on what sockets or type of data submission Broadcastify uses. I would be willing to write my own program for this to work.

Thanks

marksmith

Other feeds are using alpha tags on their feeds for the talk group description. You should not need to write anything.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I'm currently running unitrunker on osx and would like to add alfa tags to the live stream I provide. Unfortunately I can't find any information on what sockets or type of data submission Broadcastify uses. I would be willing to write my own program for this to work.

Thanks

The metadata is embedded in the mp3 audio, not the ID3 method but the SHOUTcast method.

Search for Icy-MetaData or SHOUTCast metadata. Here are a couple of links to get you started.

SmackFu: Shoutcast Metadata Protocol
Internet Radio : Part1 - Shoutcast Protocol | The Code Artist

harrykimb80

Currently I use 2 rtlsdr's. Unitrunker, Trunkingrecorder it works wonderful with Radiofeed as the streaming client. It allows you to specify what metadata you would like to show on the listener side plus there is no lag for the alphatags. Radiofeed might be the direction you are looking for.

Harry,
Lawton Police, Fire, and EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.