Manchester P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
These look more like RIDs than TG IDs. It might be that they are using iCall (or whatever it's called these days) for private communications. Dispatch channels may be open, as Worcester is doing.

Right... TG 11003 VERY active with Radio ID 201 (dispatch) talking to multiple other units - all encrypted....

Looks like we won't be listening to Manchester PD anymore... bummer...

Also hearing quite a bit of TG 11017 - encrypted as well - confirmed PD - radio units from TG 11003 show up here as well...

jrothwell

PD is going Full Time Encryption

Where did you get this information? Is it confirmed? They have encryption on EDACS but only used it when needed. Are you sure they aren't keeping this practice and are just testing the encryption on the P25 system?

jrothwell

What's the deal with PD on the EDACS system right now? Is the new system patched to it? The audio seems really messed up. Some transmissions are fine other are choppy and cut off. Very interested in what's going on technically with the 2 systems. One seems to be patched to the other.

NFR85

What's the deal with PD on the EDACS system right now? Is the new system patched to it? The audio seems really messed up. Some transmissions are fine other are choppy and cut off. Very interested in what's going on technically with the 2 systems. One seems to be patched to the other.

Yeah I have PD feed up and it's choppy at times. I don't believe Manchester will go silent. If it was going to be encrypted you would not be hearing audio at all and we are hearing audio. Those TG's that the other OP posted are probably the channels obviously can't hear but the other TG's are in the clear.

jrothwell

Yeah I have PD feed up and it's choppy at times. I don't believe Manchester will go silent. If it was going to be encrypted you would not be hearing audio at all and we are hearing audio. Those TG's that the other OP posted are probably the channels obviously can't hear but the other TG's are in the clear.

I have both radios (Harris P7100 on the EDACS and a scanner on 854.9875 [new system channel]) the transmissions on the new system that are encrypted are identical in length to that on the EDACS. It actually sounds like the encrypted traffic from the new system is patched to the EDACS in the clear; that's why it sounds so messed up.

NFR85

I have both radios (Harris P7100 on the EDACS and a scanner on 854.9875 [new system channel]) the transmissions on the new system that are encrypted are identical in length to that on the EDACS. It actually sounds like the encrypted traffic from the new system is patched to the EDACS in the clear; that's why it sounds so messed up.

Maybe they're not fully on their new system? I thought when a system is encrypted you hear nothing but silence or loud transmission noise? Not choppy audio.

jrothwell

Maybe they're not fully on their new system? I thought when a system is encrypted you hear nothing but silence or loud transmission noise? Not choppy audio.

Just confirmed this with an XTS2500 on the new system (receive only). They are on the new system, encrypted (maybe just for now or maybe forever). The audio is being decrypted and patched to the EDACS. I can hear P25 feedback audio on the EDACS which confirms they are on the new system and that it is patched to the EDACS. I am on TG 11003, I can see all radio IDs and get the double LED flash for an encrypted transmission. I get no audio unless I use a scanner on the specific frequency.

Also, the radio ID that shows up on my Harris P7100ip is the same for every transmission. So, it's patched through to just one radio on the EDACS.

There are still a few units transmitting on the EDACS only like 1-3s cruiser radio. That's not going over the P25 system but the dispatcher is acknowledging on it which is then patched back to the EDACS so the officer can hear.

Last edited:

NFR85

Just confirmed this with an XTS2500 on the new system (receive only). They are on the new system, encrypted (maybe just for now or maybe forever). The audio is being decrypted and patched to the EDACS. I can hear P25 feedback audio on the EDACS which confirms they are on the new system and that it is patched to the EDACS. I am on TG 11003, I can see all radio IDs and get the double LED flash for an encrypted transmission. I get no audio unless I use a scanner on the specific frequency.

Also, the radio ID that shows up on my Harris P7100ip is the same for every transmission. So, it's patched through to just one radio on the EDACS.

There are still a few units transmitting on the EDACS only like 1-3s cruiser radio. That's not going over the P25 system but the dispatcher is acknowledging on it which is then patched back to the EDACS so the officer can hear.

I have 854.9875 And it does not sound like PD. I'm hearing i'm ready for my pickup. What's my next stop. I do seeing coming up as ENC at times. But does not sound like MPD at all. Sounds like a bus or taxi

FWIW: If you go here. https://www.manchesternh.gov/Departments/Police/Communications That frequency is not listed on Police website. So I have no idea who owns it but it's not PD

Last edited:

jrothwell

I have 854.9875 And it does not sound like PD. I'm hearing i'm ready for my pickup. What's my next stop. I do seeing coming up as ENC at times. But does not sound like MPD at all. Sounds like a bus or taxi

That's because it's a trunked system. I was listening late at night when no other departments were on the system except PD. Their encrypted transmissions were cycling between 3 or so frequencies. If you are listening during the day, those frequencies will have other traffic from different departments as well cycling through. The encryption you are hearing is PD, then you may hear a bus driver on the same frequency but really on a different talkgroup.

NFR85

That's because it's a trunked system. I was listening late at night when no other departments were on the system except PD. Their encrypted transmissions were cycling between 3 or so frequencies. If you are listening during the day, those frequencies will have other traffic from different departments as well cycling through. The encryption you are hearing is PD, then you may hear a bus driver on the same frequency but really on a different talkgroup.

Also we were not able to confirm if those ID's that were listed are the same ones as when they were on EDAC's ie Common channel car to car or is this a ID that the public will never hear. That's where it seems like we stand right now

TheLPGuy

Is the old system silent now? Or are there activity still going on? I know the old system is still on, just didn't know if the whole city switched over.

Yes I believe they finally switched over. Time to reprogram to p25! 😣

Norman_24

Manchester PD has gone Full time Encryption....... you can't monitor them any more

Sadly, it makes police scanning non existent for me, since I cannot listen to the PD that matters most.. Do you think that one day there could be a way to listen to them again? All there is left is fire/emr..

Status
Not open for further replies.