• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I have a question for the group. I apologize if its been covered in a thread as I did do a search before hand but came up empty.

I have a multi deck 5700/5800 and I am trying to find how to program nuisance delete. Does kenwood call it something else or does it not exist on these radios?

If it does exist, where do I find it in the programming software?

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Colton25

Has anyone created channel announcements? I'm trying to find a online text to voice converter that will creat a format the software will accept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slapshot0017

So I got the 5300 380-470 split and it beeps at me if I go into 500, but the radio does allow me to go up to at least 490. The only issue is that I have tested it on close range comms where it does receive up to 490, but it seems that all it will do. It doesn't seem to like anything a little far away... Will do some more testing and see how it goes. This is strictly receive.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone created channel announcements? I'm trying to find a online text to voice converter that will creat a format the software will accept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Audio Library allows you to register the audio file used in the Voice Announcement function.

Voice Announcement is the function that notifies the key operation contents and received status by voice. In order to use an arbitrarily created audio data, the audio file needs to be registered in Audio Library.

By importing the audio file to KPG-D1 or recording the audio manually, the audio file can be registered in Audio Library.

Colton25

I've tried using text to audio programs online and importing them but I'm getting a error saying the audio is not the correct format.

Audio Library allows you to register the audio file used in the Voice Announcement function.

Voice Announcement is the function that notifies the key operation contents and received status by voice. In order to use an arbitrarily created audio data, the audio file needs to be registered in Audio Library.

By importing the audio file to KPG-D1 or recording the audio manually, the audio file can be registered in Audio Library.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I've tried using text to audio programs online and importing them but I'm getting a error saying the audio is not the correct format.

What does the HELP file say it needs to be? I am trying to spool it up now and take a look at it. I don't
use it, so I will work with you on it.

EFM

Colton25

I'm away from my computer at the moment but I remember it saying something about WAV format and I believe it specifies further but I cannot remember off the top of my head. I've searched for a converter that meets the formatting requirements with no luck.

What does the HELP file say it needs to be? I am trying to spool it up now and take a look at it. I don't

use it, so I will work with you on it.

EFM

emt0423

Premium Subscriber
NX-5700 Mobile scanning issue

I posted this issue before and haven't had any luck figuring it out. My nx-5700 tends to freeze up in scan mode. When I'm scanning a P25 channel and when it reverts back to the priority channel which is analog it freezes up. It show the analog channel however the unit id for the P25 channel still appears and the scan icon just blinks. Any ideas or is this a glitch I've found.

slapshot0017

I posted this issue before and haven't had any luck figuring it out. My nx-5700 tends to freeze up in scan mode. When I'm scanning a P25 channel and when it reverts back to the priority channel which is analog it freezes up. It show the analog channel however the unit id for the P25 channel still appears and the scan icon just blinks. Any ideas or is this a glitch I've found.

Yea I had the same thing happen to me today too.

Premium Subscriber
NX5700 auto record

i have 35 portables and 15 mobiles to program for my VFD and while i am not new to the kenwood programming thing, i am for some reason stumped on this one. i have playback programmed and the auto record set to record the audio after a two tone sequential activation. the display is showing memory full and i don't see a way to clear the old recordings or a feature to allow a rollover to delete the oldest and record the newest. any of you play with these features yet? FYI, there is no sd card for memory, using internal memory which appears to be only 2 minutes total (1 minute each). your input is appreciated in advance.

Josh

I think the SD expansion card function entitlement needs to be purchased/enabled. I've played around a little with the recording function and I think mine only does something like 30 seconds worth of recording before it's full and doesn't record any more.

jrw14493

i have 35 portables and 15 mobiles to program for my VFD and while i am not new to the kenwood programming thing, i am for some reason stumped on this one. i have playback programmed and the auto record set to record the audio after a two tone sequential activation. the display is showing memory full and i don't see a way to clear the old recordings or a feature to allow a rollover to delete the oldest and record the newest. any of you play with these features yet? FYI, there is no sd card for memory, using internal memory which appears to be only 2 minutes total (1 minute each). your input is appreciated in advance.

Program a button for "Playback" under key assignment. This will allow you to review recorded messages and delete them. Depending on how many channels you have programmed, you may want to limit your recordings to 30 seconds in the optional features so the radio won't fill up so fast. There is some memory in the radio to store recordings, but it's not a lot.

jrw14493

I'm away from my computer at the moment but I remember it saying something about WAV format and I believe it specifies further but I cannot remember off the top of my head. I've searched for a converter that meets the formatting requirements with no luck.

Software is very picky on the WAV files for the switch position. Files must be 16-bit WAV Files sampled at 8k. Record your files in mp3 format or generate mp3's with one of the many out there on the internet then use Audacity (free online program) to convert to WAV file.

Colton25

In audacity I'm setting it to 16-bit PCM at a rate of 8000Hz and then exporting it but the software is still not accepting it, am I missing something?

Software is very picky on the WAV files for the switch position. Files must be 16-bit WAV Files sampled at 8k. Record your files in mp3 format or generate mp3's with one of the many out there on the internet then use Audacity (free online program) to convert to WAV file.

Colton25

For anyone trying to create custom voice announcements using a text to audio program, i found a free program that works great and you won't have to using any converters such as audacity. Here's the link hope this helps. Balabolka

gwitek

Help with empty NX-5700/5800 plug

Just found this NX-5000 thread so if there is a better place/method to post, please point me.

I am very familiar with TK-790 [VHF] and TK-890 [UHF] with dual heads (5 vehicles). Love them. We do all our own programming. We were talked into jumping to NX-5700 & NX-5800 with dual heads for a new vehicle and now keep running into all sorts of "those are too new" problems. Due to our buying guy pitting dealers against one another, we got a nice price on the radios, but we're now facing a $1000 quote to build a plug. Not going to happen.

The physical install is done and I need to do the programming, We run traditional 158 and 460 splits. Any ideas on a source for a "starting point" plug rather than starting from scratch?

TIA

Greg

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what starting point plug (Codeplug) you mean here. Vhf and uhf, question now is why not get your own software, unless your in Canada.

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

Status
Not open for further replies.