TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I think you are on the right track. That feature was added in version 65. Here is the release note:

Version 65

Enhancements to signal processing
Left/Right/Mono selection in Config Menu

That's correct. Set it as follows:

audio_channel = left
or
audio_channel = right
or
audio_channel = mono

Andy

Feed Provider
VERIZON ISSUES

I have been using this for years and works great. I have been experiencing trouble with VERIZON phones only not getting Pages. Shows sent with no bounce backs. Will go a week or two without getting them at all and then will out of the blue start working perfectly again. No problems at all with AT&T or Email. Any one else having this issue? Thanks

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'd like to use a Silver RTL-SDR to keep my Two Tone. Anyone have suggestions for tuning software. i already have the virtual audio cable installed. This is for windows.

radiotrack1

Feed Provider
What are you guys using for Straighttalk users for them to get pages?

I agree with DC31. I have also found some straight talk phones use xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net . The easiest way I have found to get a phones server address is to have them take a photo and send the photo as a text message to an email account. The complete mms address will show up is the from address in the email.

dmfavata

Feed Provider
I have been using this for years and works great. I have been experiencing trouble with VERIZON phones only not getting Pages. Shows sent with no bounce backs. Will go a week or two without getting them at all and then will out of the blue start working perfectly again. No problems at all with AT&T or Email. Any one else having this issue? Thanks

I have been having the same issue with verizon. It's very weird since we have two copies of the software running on the same pc and using the same gmail account to send them out. One is setup for our Fire Dept. (FD) and the other for our First Aid Squad (FAS). I am setup to get both FD and FAS text messages with an audio clip attached and I have Verizon. I get the one for my FAS about 98% of the time. For the FD it's about 60%. I have noticed that the verizon users that only get a text message, with no audio file attached for the FD seem to always get them. I am thinking that maybe there is a file size limit for the audio messages that if its too big, verizon just rejects it, but I also have not seen any kickbacks in my gmail account. Another theory is that verizon has some kind of spam filtering and limits the number of texts sent to a specific number per day.

SCUBAtraveler

I've been trying to move my TTD v68 service to a Pi 3 and have the image that DC31 posted in July. The system works good, however I have 1 issue I hope you can help me with. Occasionally the system will fail to send the audio file (AMR or MP3). I do always get the text notification.

I've set the Record Release Time from 3 to 1 to 0, and no change.

I've also switched scanners and sounds cards. Audio fidelity is good. Squelch is set correctly.

When a different set of tone comes through (30 min later), it will send the first missing audio file after the send the second file is processed and sent.

Anyone else have this issue?
-Thanks

DC31

Feed Provider
I've been trying to move my TTD v68 service to a Pi 3 and have the image that DC31 posted in July. The system works good, however I have 1 issue I hope you can help me with. Occasionally the system will fail to send the audio file (AMR or MP3). I do always get the text notification.

I've set the Record Release Time from 3 to 1 to 0, and no change.

I've also switched scanners and sounds cards. Audio fidelity is good. Squelch is set correctly.

When a different set of tone comes through (30 min later), it will send the first missing audio file after the send the second file is processed and sent.

Anyone else have this issue?
-Thanks

Head over to the forum thread specific to raspberry pi (TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi -How to) and find the post dated 8/28/2016. Try that image.

LivingGeek

Issues with running on linux

I was able to get TTD running on linux, however I get this error and no emails are being sent:

Waiting for Silence RIT Amb 12:51:30 on 11/17/16
252.0 1377.90444661
360.0 931.961324081
Done recording RIT Amb 12:51:38 on 11/17/16
done writing WAV RIT Amb 12:51:38 on 11/17/16
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect68.py", line 949, in alert
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 523, in call
return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File "TwoToneDetect68.py", line 587, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/RIT_Amb_2016_11_17_12_50_59.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for RIT Amb page received at 12:50:59 on 11/17/16

FireGuy0723

Was the speech to text feature ever added into the program? After tweaking around windows recording options I was able to get the dictation software to work pretty accurately. I would still love to see this feature added into the program.

DC31

Feed Provider
I was able to get TTD running on linux, however I get this error and no emails are being sent:

Waiting for Silence RIT Amb 12:51:30 on 11/17/16
252.0 1377.90444661
360.0 931.961324081
Done recording RIT Amb 12:51:38 on 11/17/16
done writing WAV RIT Amb 12:51:38 on 11/17/16
File "TwoToneDetect68.py", line 949, in alert
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 523, in call
return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File "TwoToneDetect68.py", line 587, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/RIT_Amb_2016_11_17_12_50_59.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for RIT Amb page received at 12:50:59 on 11/17/16

Have you added the pi user to the audio group?

At the command prompt:
adduser pi audio

PS. Actually whatever your username is. I run a raspberry pi so the user happens to be pi. Yours is likely different.

Last edited:

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Was the speech to text feature ever added into the program? After tweaking around windows recording options I was able to get the dictation software to work pretty accurately. I would still love to see this feature added into the program.

What did you use to do this? All of the ones I've tried aren't even close to getting it right.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Those are all available:

Enter [d] to insert the current Tone Description, enter [mp3] to insert the mp3 filename, [amr] to insert the AMR filename, [wav] to insert the WAV filename (all paths relative to program directory)

Andy

Can you expand on this? How would this be used with the Windows version?