TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any trouble with starting v68 after an initial config with an error message: "TwoToneDect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system"?

I checked the windows 7 audio control panel for recording devices, my line in input is picking up audio levels.

Anyone have any suggestions to resolve.

davidVT

Feed Provider
REDUNDANT troubleshooting?
Hello, I finally have my two systems connected to a cloud FTP server. I believe the configurations are correct...
On a Windows box at home I have both of the TTD systems up in Windows watching their consoles. A third window has the FTP server files for review.

The problem is that I keep getting emails telling me the backup is off line then on line etc.

Both look fine.

Any thoughts as to what I might have missed??
Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidVT

Feed Provider
After a few hours the redundant related email warnings stopped. I will watch it for a few days before posting about it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireGuy0723

What did you use to do this? All of the ones I've tried aren't even close to getting it right.

The Chrome app? I used this one here to test it out.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/voice-recognition/ikjmfindklfaonkodbnidahohdfbdhkn?hl=en

I played around with the windows recording settings a got it to recognize what it was saying fairly accurately by adjusting the volume way down.

The good news is that it does work, now I would like to see the feature added to the program.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Still looking for anyone who has been able to get this to work with Bell and Virgin in Canada.

Anyone at all?

The addresses listed on the TTD website produce no results. Andy any idea?

SCUBAtraveler

I created the attached batch file script to monitor the TTD application running on a Windows PC. I added the batch file to Windows Scheduler to run hourly to monitor the application.

This script will check to see if TTD is running and if it is checks that it is not responding. If the TTD application is not running or unresponsive it attempts to start TTD. If the script is unable to load TTD it restarts the computer, presuming that you have TTD set to start when Windows loads.

I hope to build on this so if you have an FTP server the script can upload a log file showing if TTD was running on last check or not. That will be phase II of the project.

Just change the file type to .bat and place it in the same folder as TTD. Make sure appName is set to the exact name of the TTD EXE version you are running.

Hope this helps someone
Mike- Do I need to add the batch file to my windows task scheduler to run? -thanks for creating this.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Can you expand on this? How would this be used with the Windows version?

You can have the program run a Windows batch file or other script (Python, etc.) using the alert_command or post_email_command fields and pass those filenames as arguments to the batch file or script.

Andy

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any trouble with starting v68 after an initial config with an error message: "TwoToneDect had trouble finding or accessing an audio device on your system"?

I checked the windows 7 audio control panel for recording devices, my line in input is picking up audio levels.

Anyone have any suggestions to resolve.

Andy or anyone have an idea...I have double checked the audio inputs and both levels are being received on the line in and microphone.

Also I am experiencing a Windows 7 issue that the scrip to run any of the executibles will only open (run) one time before the computer is restarted and the whole processes starts over.

Any help is appreciated

FireGuy0723

You can have the program run a Windows batch file or other script (Python, etc.) using the alert_command or post_email_command fields and pass those filenames as arguments to the batch file or script.

Andy

Aaknitt, would you mind providing some sort of an update to whether or not you will be implementing the speech to text feature into the program? I'm not sure if you are still developing this program or not, haven't been able to find too much information on it.

You program works very well BTW, I use it to forward my calls to me when I'm out of range of our dispatch center, which, living in the mountains, means mostly everywhere. I just wish I could be getting them as text messages instead of emails since the Verizon data coverage around my town is extremely spotty.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
KeepRunning

Thought I would wade back into this thread after a long hiatus. For you guys keeping the software running if it stops running I have been using little tool I found called KeepRunning. It continuously checks to see if a process has stopped running. After that it will restart the software. I have my config pretty aggressive. Every half second check the process and relaunch as soon as it detects that the software is not there. It is yet another software (and I have no idea who made it) but the script in the scheduler uses what windows gives you. For me 15 minutes is to slow. Tones drop at any time. This gets the software back as fast as it can.

The application can be found here https://www.windowstechupdates.com/run-an-applicationprogram-forever/ and I can post my config if anyone is interested.

tecker

Premium Subscriber

KLH

Feed Provider
Anyone else having issues with emails bouncing with Verizon?
I'm using @vzwpix.com and emails have been bouncing the last couple days.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else having issues with emails bouncing with Verizon?
I'm using @vzwpix.com and emails have been bouncing the last couple days.
Wait you too? My guys started reporting issues as of the 1st. I thought it was just me. Are you using GMail?

KLH

Feed Provider
Wait you too? My guys started reporting issues as of the 1st. I though it was just me. Are you using GMail?

We are using our own domain name, but it is with gmail (domain is hosted with google, so our email goes through gmail).

tecker

Premium Subscriber
We are using our own domain name, but it is with gmail (domain is hosted with google, so our email goes through gmail).

Ah. I am wondering if Verizon didn't blacklist Gmail servers. Wonder if anyone is doing a domain outside of gMail that could report in.

KLH

Feed Provider
Ah. I am wondering if Verizon didn't blacklist Gmail servers. Wonder if anyone is doing a domain outside of gMail that could report in.

I don't think they blocked gmail servers (but maybe blocked the TTD program).
I can log into gmail and forward the page email to my verizon phone, but it won't go through with the TTD program.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
I don't think they blocked gmail servers (but maybe blocked the TTD program).
I can log into gmail and forward the page email to my verizon phone, but it won't go through with the TTD program.

Same here. I could do individual emails but not from TTD. Wonder what the difference in headers is. Might got test that out. Which version are you running? 68?

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Verizon locking down VZWPix.com?

Folks. If you are having troubles sending to Verizon users it looks as if the number of recipients has been throttled down. This may be an attempt to curb spam. Not sure. From https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/805168231698796544 and my chat with them.

We will work to find the best options for this. This service has been discontinued. For those that still had it, it will not support for more than 10 contacts. Try sending to just one person.

Andy. If you would be willing I would help you develop a batching workaround to this. Maybe if we could send in bursts it would let us through.