TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I talked to Verizon, with the person I talked to I dind't get past the first level of support but she spoke with the next level and they told her that they added extra spam filtering in November and that is causing the delay but it "should return to normal".

Not sure if I believe it or not, we'll see.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Tuesday and Wednesday things seems to be returning to normal. No issues at all Wednesday. Seemed like things were back to normal.

Today things took a turn for the worse. Many folks said that they didn't get it. Mine took 1h30m to come in for morning page when it had previously been just fine and never got the noon page. One of my guys said he got morning page (normally sent out at 0745) at 1645. That is a 9 hour delay. Were not out of the woods yet folks.

I have started writing some code and need to get in contact with Verizon. I may release my code as a short fix but the costs will skyrocket quickly using it.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have started writing some code and need to get in contact with Verizon. I may release my code as a short fix but the costs will skyrocket quickly using it.

Is this using Twilio?

I'd be open to adding API integration into TTD for a paid service like this (usage would be optional, of course). The issue I have with Twilio (and most others that are similar) is that it requires the MMS attachment to be uploaded to a web server that Twilio can pull from. This requires the user to have their own web server. If their API allowed the file to be uploaded directly to Twilio and then sent, that would be far easier for most users who don't have a web server available. If I'm going to integrate an API into TTD, I'd prefer it to be an "all inclusive" solution. If anyone has recommendations for a service that would enable this, let me know.

Andy

tecker

Premium Subscriber
Is this using Twilio?

I'd be open to adding API integration into TTD for a paid service like this (usage would be optional, of course). The issue I have with Twilio (and most others that are similar) is that it requires the MMS attachment to be uploaded to a web server that Twilio can pull from. This requires the user to have their own web server. If their API allowed the file to be uploaded directly to Twilio and then sent, that would be far easier for most users who don't have a web server available. If I'm going to integrate an API into TTD, I'd prefer it to be an "all inclusive" solution. If anyone has recommendations for a service that would enable this, let me know.

Andy

It is. As for file hosting, I have a personal website that isn't hard to run. Many places can get an FTP or SFTP site via a web host. There are some pretty inexpensive ones out there and the bonus would be to get personalized emails and a place to host some pictures. Department exposure (unless you dont want that). You could also beg a friend to host it if they have one. The files are small and you just need to log in occasionally and clean all the old ones out.

Twilio would be great if they had a direct upload considering they hold converted files if they change an image to a format that the phone understands. The other problem is the price. In the US it is $0.02 per message. That adds up quick on a small department. As a backup, yes. Primary, ow.

A second option is Pushover for doing push notifications. I have that code as well. Again though the problem exists of needing an external file host. It is very inexpensive and you can do group subscriptions so it makes management really easy.

My weekend project will be do document and push up to a code host, probably my Github. Andy if you want the code early just PM me as it is undocumented and not ready for upload yet.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
An alternate would be great but $0.02 per text is a bit much for what this is for.

I just sent another test since it's fairly quiet around here today and it was delivered in the same minute that it was sent.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I know it was mentioned last week but we have been using serversmtp with great success

Did you ever have delivery issues while others were? I'm not using email and previously had great success with my current SMTP server.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
We were, especially with iPhones specifically. Using serversmtp.com has solved all late delivery issues. We only have a few people on it, but it is very quick and so far no missed pages.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Had a real one go through and it was delivered the same minute that it was sent.

I'm using my own SMTP server, no GMail or overloaded shared hosting server.

tecker

Premium Subscriber
TTDTools

Folks,
I have gotten the initial commit of my small tools previously mentioned up on GitHub. They can be found here https://github.com/hhocker/TTDTools/ and the documentation is a bit rough at the moment (for folks just wanting to use them it's non-existent). If you feel brave you should be able to look at the top of the file (even github will let you do that) and see the command line switches.

The quick basics are:
For the uploader, configure the JSON file - not that scary, just edit between the quote marks - then use it like
Code:
post_command = uploadFile.exe my_department_config.json [mp3]
(yes with the [mp3] that uploads the MP3 file)

the others are generally the same, just config json, then use as
Code:
<tool>.exe config.json -u [link-to-send]

I am all over the place right now with projects but wanted to release these to the world. If you need help please submit an issue on github rather than cloud this thread. Thanks.

ffryan76

Feed Provider
I'm back to getting bounced messages again. Rather they are delayed warnings:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

###-###-####@vzwpix.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain vzwpix.com by smtpin02-mms.vzw.a.cloudfilter.net. [35.160.118.79].

The error that the other server returned was:
452 4.1.0 <someemail@gmail.com> requested action aborted: try again later

Not sure what to do anymore. I'm getting nowhere with Verizon.

sfd119

I'm having issues too. It looks like Verizon went to a message filtering system by CloudMark.

Try contacting CLOUDMARK.COM. I tried and sent them messages but they still haven't fixed it. If multiple people contact them with the same issues, maybe they'll fix it.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
in reference to bounce messages - I was having issues with Google, but I am now using my own server and they seem to be OK...though in the past on my server I had issues with Sprint and TMobile.

At this point, I do not think I am using any GMAIL address for delivery...except for one dept where I had issues with TMobile and Sprint, but then again,t hey probably did not see the issues of no pages because they were not VZW.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
HDMI

Reading the information on the website with regards to downloading the of the Pi files for the Pi2...

I am setting up a new Pi, I noticed it said make sure you can SSH into your Pi.....does that mean the HDMI port is disabled when loading the Pi?

I was working off site and just wanted to check that it actually loaded and stuff....if not...well....I will have to wait till I get home.

CJ

ejd91717

Premium Subscriber
Is this using Twilio?

Andy

Andy, I wrote a app for our department to send messages Via Twilio MMS and SMS, Chrome Desktop notifications, Email and soon Voice calls. I'd considered opening this up as a generic service for urgent notices. I can parse an inbound email to a special address rather then an API also. Also working on a mobile app for android and iOS that will track responders status.

If there is interest, I can 1. run the application and host it for cost plus, or 2. Open source what I have, 3. Do both. I've also been working on a audio logging function and a native SDR Two Tone Detector with support for relating and stacking tones. So only one audio file is recorded and the calls are related in the UI so you can see what other agencies are responding and the number of responders if they are using the app.

Here is the client to hook it into Two Tone Detect:
https://github.com/ellery/alerting_python_client

Here are a few screen shots:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Anyone that is not having issues sending dispatches to Verizon customers, are you sending them bcc?

I am using my own server and using a domain my dept has registered,I also send them BCC. I had issues on another Pi sending them BCC and with Google.

I still check as I am still concerned after the events of a couple of weeks ago.

Cautiously optimistic!

ffryan76

Feed Provider
I am using my own server and using a domain my dept has registered,I also send them BCC. I had issues on another Pi sending them BCC and with Google.

I still check as I am still concerned after the events of a couple of weeks ago.

Cautiously optimistic!
Having my own server isn't something I know how to do. Even though I have read about it numerous times.

I just did a test without bcc and it went through without a delay. I'm not a big fan of sending it without bcc but it works (so far). I am using a free gmail address for multiple departments. Maybe if we use a department gmail it may not cause this issue.
I guess I will have to test it and find out.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
As a web guy, (if only tinkering at times) I see GMAIL as free email, which use to be a no no for a lot of things, such as signing up for services, etc. Ironically GMAIL has become the trustred fee email source (I mean, heck I have like 10 accounts for varies reason).

I would not think BCC would make a difference, but I am also with you, I do not like to send w/o BCC, then everyone knows who is getting it.. i will say for the few I have sent to email addreses, does not matter what address I use, it is instant.

I am sure the cell providers are just seeing us abuse their tool and their network. Some pagers go off all day long.