No Audio out of right receiver on a TH-9800

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3DO

Feed Provider
Hi everyone, happy new year.

I am having an interesting problem and I am not sure if it is possibly something I messed up or something went bad in the radio.

Both channels receive and show signal strength,etc. I can transmit on both sides of the radio but I can only hear audio out of the left receiver.

I run an audio cable out of the back of the radio to a small sound board and I have also tried unplugging that just to make sure there was not something wrong there and the problem still exists with the internal speaker.

Does anyone know if there is something from the front panel or in programming that can turn off the right receiver audio (besides the volume knob)?

Thanks

Mike
K3DO

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
How coincidental, one of my TH-7800 radios has lately lost all audio output on Side 1 (left). As a last resort I also performed a total factory reset and then checked for any squelch noise on Side 1 and found it was still silent. Side 2 functioned as expected.

I reloaded my saved 'code plug' for the TH-7800. It appears that I now have a mono-band radio... :(

K3DO

Feed Provider
Thanks for the suggestions, so far nothing has worked. I guess I have a single receiver radio now. Is that an excuse to look for a new radio, sounds like a good excuse to me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.