ICORRS - P25 Phase 1 System (Inter County Regional Radio System)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Law enforcement appears to be active on the site. The TGIDs have been submitted for the database, just waiting for the admin to add them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
I can if you'd like to see them now, but they should be posted on the database soon anyway.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I can if you'd like to see them now, but they should be posted on the database soon anyway.

I wouldn't ask if i wouldn't like to see them. Then again, it doesn't matter. It's simulcast hell for me and I can't copy it worth a damn using my BCD436HP. DSDPlus copies it just fine, but only Phase I. And if all of the talkgroups are encrypted it won't matter anyway.

If all the talkgroups aren't encrypted, it'd be nice to see them considering we don't know when a PA admin will pick up the ticket and work it.

mike

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I will have them updated soon. The admin that was working on it has been in the hospital for the past couple weeks so I had him release the submission so I could work it.

Thanks for the submission EMT1301.

redbeard

Database Admin
BTW I have observed with DSD+ that the Lawrence VHF 'site' is running Phase II, hence the upgrade of the system from PI to PII. To my knowledge, PII has not been seen anywhere else on the 800MHz sites.

wondering42

Hi, I'm new to this. I'm wanting to get my husband a scanner for Christmas and an not sure if the one I'm looking at would work in Indiana County. I've tried looking here and am now thoroughly confused about digital vs analog, and if it's digital, do I need phase 2.

Here's the one I'm looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IID3OAY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Whistler WS1040 Digital Handheld Scanner: The WS1040 is a handheld digital trunking scanner with Motorola P25 Phase I capabilities.

I'm appreciative of any info!!

redbeard

Database Admin
Hi, I'm new to this. I'm wanting to get my husband a scanner for Christmas and an not sure if the one I'm looking at would work in Indiana County. I've tried looking here and am now thoroughly confused about digital vs analog, and if it's digital, do I need phase 2.

Here's the one I'm looking at:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IID3OAY/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Whistler WS1040 Digital Handheld Scanner: The WS1040 is a handheld digital trunking scanner with Motorola P25 Phase I capabilities.

I'm appreciative of any info!!

That scanner will work. Just keep in mind that while Indiana Co. is not phase 2 right now, the system is capable and they could decide to go that way at some point. Currently only Lawrence is phase 2. We also don't know what the state has in mind for the new statewide system and it could be phase 2 as well.

You can safely get this one and it will work now, or you can buy one that is phase 2 capable to be future-proof. Or wait til it happens and give him another happy xmas. :)

mross57

Premium Subscriber
Are the fire and ems talk groups monitor-able? Specifically Lawrence County. I'm using a RS Pro 668 radio.

redbeard

Database Admin
I am having a hard time monitoring just south in Beaver Co on my BCD436HP. The simulcast is killing me.

pyrobryan

Yes. I am using a BCD996P2 to do so. The database seems to be correct for the system.

Can you share a bit of the details on your programming? I imported from the RR library and left all the setup as is, monitoring only the Lawrence county site. Haven't heard anything since I started scanning a few hours ago on Whistler TRX-2.

fireman149

Feed Provider
Sorry I haven't been on here for a little bit. Have you had any luck?

The police are all encrypted so you will not hear them. But there usually is enough EMS traffic to hear something within a few hours.

I am not familiar with the programming of the TRX-2, but here is what I have.

I have tried it both ways with the system set up as a "P25 standard" and also "Motorola type II / P25". Both seem to work fine. I have the system set up with one site and only the Lawrence county talk groups.

I have the frequencies that are marked as "control" in the site frequencies. I have tried it with only the current control channel, but that did not seem to help performance. The control channel has hopped frequencies a couple times. So if you do not have all the frequencies in the site, when it changes you will loose reception. Currently it is 154.2275.

I have my P25 threshold set to manual 8 on the Uniden. Auto seemed to work better than other things I tried up until about 2 weeks ago. Now manual 8 works best. Its not perfect.

I had to try a lot of things with the antenna placement to get a good receive due to the simulcast. I'm right in the middle of all 8 towers so the simulcast problems are pretty bad for me. I am at about 80% receive right now. It seems to get better the longer it runs. If I power it off, it is pretty terrible for a day or so till it seems to dial itself back in. Weird. So I do everything not to turn the scanner off for anything.

Hope something helps...

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
ICORRS = InterCounty Regional Radio System. It's a shared radio system by Westmoreland, Armstrong, Indiana, Fayette, Somerset and Lawrence Counties in southwest Pennsylvania. You wouldn't be able to receive it in Chester County, so unless you travel to this part of the state, you probably don't need to program it into a scanner.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
Butler County has begun the process of building out a site on this system. It appears as though they are going with Phase II, 800 MHz. There are no new licenses or applications in ULS yet that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.