TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Hi Andy it's not a priority but I am running v69a and on the status screen I am again seeing that the message is received but I am not seeing a message that the MP3 got emailed, in which they did. Thanks.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hi Andy it's not a priority but I am running v69a and on the status screen I am again seeing that the message is received but I am not seeing a message that the MP3 got emailed, in which they did. Thanks.

Are you saying that v69a was working correctly and then stopped, or that you've never seen the status messages on the main screen with v69a? It seems to be working for me...any errors in your log.txt file?

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I'm still having trouble getting v69a to run. I put it on my live machine and when I try to start the program I have to try 3 or 4 times before the program runs. It does not run on every execution of the program file. I went into doss and ran the debug version 5 times in a row and it worked all 5 times. I went back to my TTD program folder and tried to run v69a 3 times in a row and it did not open on those 3 tries. I went to my v68 folder and tried v68 and it opened first try. Went to my v69 folder and ran v69 and it opened first try. Went back again to my v69a folder and tried 3 times and it did not open. Each version folder is in the same directory.

I tried checking the log file, but there is not a log file for the times that the program does not successfully open. Also, I had copied my config.cfg and remote.cfg from v69 to v69a so the settings are the same in both versions. I removed my config.cfg and remote.cfg and put back the program originals and v69a still does not open on every execution of the program file. Not sure why I am having this issue.

This in running on Win7 pro 32 bit. The program seems to work every time on my Win10 pro 64 bit computer that I tested it on.

Marvin

Any updates on this? Is anyone else having issues with v69a on Win 7 32 bit?

Andy

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
Are you saying that v69a was working correctly and then stopped, or that you've never seen the status messages on the main screen with v69a? It seems to be working for me...any errors in your log.txt file?

Andy
V69a is working great. It just isn't showing any visual confirmation of an email sent on the status monitor. I will check the log file tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

aaknitt

Feed Provider
V69a is working great. It just isn't showing any visual confirmation of an email sent on the status monitor. I will check the log file tomorrow.

What's the size of your TwoToneDetect69a.exe file? If it's not 12,925 KB, you may need to download it again.

Andy

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
What's the size of your TwoToneDetect69a.exe file? If it's not 12,925 KB, you may need to download it again.

Andy
So this is what part of the log is saying :
Done recording PFD Disp Alert v69a 16:06:50 on 01/25/17
done writing WAV PFD Disp Alert v69a 16:06:50 on 01/25/17
ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3

I'm assuming something is up with ffmpeg file?

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
So this is what part of the log is saying :
Done recording PFD Disp Alert v69a 16:06:50 on 01/25/17
done writing WAV PFD Disp Alert v69a 16:06:50 on 01/25/17
ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3

I'm assuming something is up with ffmpeg file?

Yup I see where you were going with this. I checked and the ffmpeg file was not in the v69a folder so I copied and pasted from an earlier version. I could have sworn it was in v69.

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I also don't get the email sent notfications in the running log.

Code:
Waiting for Silence [REMOVED] 09:27:28 on 01/29/17
Done recording [REMOVED] 09:27:28 on 01/29/17
done writing WAV [REMOVED] 09:27:28 on 01/29/17
done converting to MP3 [REMOVED] 09:27:29 on 01/29/17
done converting to AMR [REMOVED] 09:27:31 on 01/29/17
logging in
logged in
MP3 Group Email sent to "[REMOVED] via [REMOVED] on port 465 using SSL [REMOVED] page received at 09:26:41 on 01/29/17 09:27:34 on 01/29/17

Attachments

• 37185529012017.png
    37185529012017.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 254

Westernbound

Any updates on this? Is anyone else having issues with v69a on Win 7 32 bit?
Andy

Due to the startup problems I have continued to run v69. I have done more testing, I replaced the entire v69a on my live machine with a fresh copy and it still does the same thing. What I noticed is that when I have Windows task manager up and watch the processes, when I run v69a and it is successful then there are 2 TTD processes listed in the processes. The second process appears a little after the 1st and has a lot less memory usage.

When v69a fails, the first TTD process appears, then the 2nd process appears for just a second or 2, and then the 2nd process disappears and a second or 2 later the 1st process disappears. I have noticed that apparently TTD pulls the remote.cfg tones sometime after the 2nd process appears. When v69a fails to run, it fails in the 2nd process before the remote.cfg tones are pulled.

Marvin

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Due to the startup problems I have continued to run v69. I have done more testing, I replaced the entire v69a on my live machine with a fresh copy and it still does the same thing. What I noticed is that when I have Windows task manager up and watch the processes, when I run v69a and it is successful then there are 2 TTD processes listed in the processes. The second process appears a little after the 1st and has a lot less memory usage.

When v69a fails, the first TTD process appears, then the 2nd process appears for just a second or 2, and then the 2nd process disappears and a second or 2 later the 1st process disappears. I have noticed that apparently TTD pulls the remote.cfg tones sometime after the 2nd process appears. When v69a fails to run, it fails in the 2nd process before the remote.cfg tones are pulled.

Marvin

Hmmm...normally I'd tell you to try running the _debug version, but you've already done that, and it's never failed when running that version, correct? This one's tricky.

Andy

Westernbound

Hmmm...normally I'd tell you to try running the _debug version, but you've already done that, and it's never failed when running that version, correct? This one's tricky.

Andy

I decided today to go to doss and to keep running the v69a debug over and over again to see if I would eventually get a failure. I ran it about 15 times and it never failed so I quit. I did also notice that when the debug runs that in Windows task manager the 2 processes that appear are debug.exe, not the usual TTD processes. Something is different between the 2, I have no idea what.

marvin

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I decided today to go to doss and to keep running the v69a debug over and over again to see if I would eventually get a failure. I ran it about 15 times and it never failed so I quit. I did also notice that when the debug runs that in Windows task manager the 2 processes that appear are debug.exe, not the usual TTD processes. Something is different between the 2, I have no idea what.

marvin

Does the TonesEditor start for you without any issues?

Try this alternate build and let me know how it works for you.

Andy

Westernbound

Try this alternate build and let me know how it works for you.

Andy

The alternate build works great. I copied it to my live machine and did not make any changes. I ran it 5 times and it opened all 5 times. I then copied and pasted my config.cfg, remote.cfg and ffmpeg.exe into the directory. I then ran it 5 times, and it opened all 5 times. Also, it did pull the remote tones when run.

Marvin

joey9797

Feed Provider
Dispatch just made a change and now they test page every morning at 8am, that does not fit some peoples schedule so I used the exclude email address column with a time from 08:00-08:05, but the only ones that it excludes is the first 2 entries. Anyone ever use the exclude table or no what the trick might be?

Westernbound

Dispatch just made a change and now they test page every morning at 8am, that does not fit some peoples schedule so I used the exclude email address column with a time from 08:00-08:05, but the only ones that it excludes is the first 2 entries. Anyone ever use the exclude table or no what the trick might be?

I have been using the exclude feature for a while but have only had 2 addresses in it. I set up a test, added 7 addresses to a testing tones set and excluded 6 of the addresses. It worked for me, it sent to only the 1 address and excluded the other 6. Did you make sure the addresses match exactly? I'm am not sure if the name has to match as well or just the address match.

Marvin

joey9797

Feed Provider
I made the address the exact same but not the name, I will make it exactly the same and see if it works, thanks!