NYSP Troop B

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There are two suspect listings under Troop B for the NYSP, which I'd like to see if someone in the area can clarify.

- 155.595 with 192.8 PL is listed as Dispatch - Zone 3: Tupper Lake area

Seems odd to be dispatching on the Troop B mobile frequency. 192.8 PL is generally used as the tone for Zone 4 mobiles, if one exists. Is that what this listing actually is?

- 155.565 with 79.7 PL is listed as NYSP Massena uses as Dispatch

This frequency/PL combo is the old analog SP Tactical channel (prior P25 encryption). Is this actually being used by SP Massena for dispatching, or did someone hear something years ago and misconstrue it?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks, MB. My research leads me to believe the same thing.

I'll let this thread sit until the end of the week. If no one can provide confirmation that those two listings are correct, I'll remove them.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Actually the Massena information is still correct. Could not tell you on the other one. I am sure more changes will be coming as they are transitioning to one dispatch center and the addition of a troop wide repeater.

MB

Feed Provider
Actually the Massena information is still correct. Could not tell you on the other one. I am sure more changes will be coming as they are transitioning to one dispatch center and the addition of a troop wide repeater.

So are you saying that the Massena substation is using the old NYSP TAC channel for Dispatching? The last I knew all of the Dispatching for NYSP in that area was moving from SP Canton to BCOM in Lewis.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Are they actually "dispatching" or just using it to talk in general? They do the same type of thing where I'm at but they utilize ch. 2. It's not actual dispatching as they pretty much go through the county 911 centers now. There isn't much traffic on the base ch. either.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
When I worked up in Troop B the NYSP still does a lot of dispatching. Its not like CNY where they use their channels more for admin. Troop G is another area you will hear lots of dispatch's and traffic on the Troop channels.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Let's not get off topic.

So are you confirming that SP Massena is using 155.565 with 79.7 PL as their everyday dispatch channel? If so, what frequency are the mobiles answering on?

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
SP Massena (155.565 PL 79.9) uses it as a secondary dispatch channel when people call the local barracks with a complaint.

155.595 pl 192.8 For SP Zone 3 should be for the mobile only.

I know it doesn't fit the typical "SP profile" - but a lot of things they did statewide never conformed! Both of these were confirmed by ME years ago, and MAY be outdated now. If Matt, FireandEMS13669, says SP Massena is still using the frequency a certain way, you can believe it's still being used that way!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.