Macomb PD (McDonough County) switch to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC3ECJ

If the are going digital why aren't they going with P25?

Is it about cost?

Suppose they would have to switch to P25 later on?

Wouldn't in the long run they would be spending more money?

Do they have analog interop freqs programmed in the radios?

RADIOGUY2002

P25

P25 Is to expensive and if that was the direction they would go in it would be attached to the starcom21 site for the state police which would be easy to handle them. No desire to go to p25, they keep it in house for a couple of reasons. If you read the above posts their is a preferred vendor that by contract is subject to 24/7 operational repair etc. as oppose to dedicated technicians to site wide system. Yes, they have what they need programmed in their radios and by having the vendor in the area this is really not a big deal. For all we know they may even have a a cable and the software. Plus the radios are capable of otar, making it not a big deal at all anymore.

K9JLR

For what it's worth, for those that subscribed to this thread, McDonough County Sheriff's Department, Bushnell Police Department and Colchester Police Department are now all running their operations on the new county DMR/TRBO system in the RR database.

In the last week, both WIU OPS and Macomb PD actually removed encryption from their regular operations, so you can now monitor all of these agencies with any one of the several scanners on the market that are presently capable of monitoring and scanning DMR MotoTRBO systems.

ahaas

Well damn. Wasn't expecting that! I'll have to dust off my SDR. Thanks for the heads up!

skinnyb82

Macomb PD and OPS removed encryption for dispatch communications? Wow, that's surprising. Back when I was in school down there, Macomb PD did pretty much everything in their power to keep people from knowing anything about what they were up to including denying FOIA requests for documents essential to mounting a defense against criminal charges or civil infractions.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.