Scanner update 3/17/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Correction: After the update I'm still seeing a relatively minor problem with conventional DMR. If I'm listening to one slot and there is activity on the other slot it disrupts the display so that all I can see is the TGID and a rapidly changing (pretty much unreadable) Radio ID.

It's the same with trunked DMR systems and I have reported that to Whistler in october. Also if a user on one timeslot releases his PTT my TRX-2 instantly monitors the other timeslot and when he releases his PTT it switches back to the first time slot without considering any kind of delay settings. Impossible to follow a conversation and not a minor problem for me.

When a mobile-mobile private DMR conversation take place it often displays the id as hex but when listening to the recording they are in decimal as it should. Also reported in october.

/Ubbe

BrianG61UK

It's the same with trunked DMR systems and I have reported that to Whistler in october. Also if a user on one timeslot releases his PTT my TRX-2 instantly monitors the other timeslot and when he releases his PTT it switches back to the first time slot without considering any kind of delay settings. Impossible to follow a conversation and not a minor problem for me.

I program the frequencies where there is often activity on both slots as two separate conventional frequencies, one for each slot. But yes, it would be nice not to have to do that.

When a mobile-mobile private DMR conversation take place it often displays the id as hex but when listening to the recording they are in decimal as it should. Also reported in october.

/Ubbe

I haven't noticed that one yet.

jwpottberg

Premium Subscriber

/Ubbe

I assume this is not a wildcard TG situation. When scanning and the radio instantly switches to the other timeslot, is it the same talkgroup ID as the first or some other talkgroup? Also when holding on a specific TG ID, will it do the same thing and switch to the other timeslot with a different TG ID? That would be bad, you would expect the TG ID filter specified to prevent hearing the other conversation in any case.

For my TRX-1 I have noticed during conventional scanning with 'ANY' TG/slot/color settings, this behavior happens and might well be expected, but when playing back the recording that is captured, only the TG/slot/color of the initial transmission that broke the squelch is identified in the recording even though you hear all other DMR transmissions that occur through the delay setting in the remainder of the recording (it doesn't generate new recording log entries for different TG/slot/color transmissions while the delay is still active).

Jim

BrianG61UK

I assume this is not a wildcard TG situation. When scanning and the radio instantly switches to the other timeslot, is it the same talkgroup ID as the first or some other talkgroup? Also when holding on a specific TG ID, will it do the same thing and switch to the other timeslot with a different TG ID? That would be bad, you would expect the TG ID filter specified to prevent hearing the other conversation in any case.

In my case it's typically a different TG.

For my TRX-1 I have noticed during conventional scanning with 'ANY' TG/slot/color settings, this behavior happens and might well be expected, but when playing back the recording that is captured, only the TG/slot/color of the initial transmission that broke the squelch is identified in the recording even though you hear all other DMR transmissions that occur through the delay setting in the remainder of the recording (it doesn't generate new recording log entries for different TG/slot/color transmissions while the delay is still active).
Jim

I'm not too bothered about what TG or slot gets coded into the header of the recordings.

I just want to be able to set a delay and have that allow to me hear a whole conversation if the gaps in the conversation are less than the delay I have set.

As it is, if I don't program the two slots separately the end of an over in slot one means the scanner will go over to slot two if there is traffic there and will not return to slot one until the end of an over on slot 2.

Ubbe

I program the frequencies where there is often activity on both slots as two separate conventional frequencies, one for each slot. But yes, it would be nice not to have to do that.

Thanks for that tip, I will do that. The amateur DMR channels often have both slots occupied.

/Ubbe

CycleSycho

Hi everyone -
There is a just released update for the TRX1/2, 1080/88 and 1095/98.
The updates are on the server and will be on our website shortly.

EZ SCAN RELEASE NOTES

WS-108x/WS109x:
Version 2.19 - March 17, 2017

:D WW, when will ver 2.19 be available (its been almost a week since your announcement) on the whistler group website? :D

BrianG61UK

:D WW, when will ver 2.19 be available (its been almost a week since your announcement) on the whistler group website? :D
It is available.
Do "Updates" / "Check for PC Application Update" in your old version.
Also, if you originally downloaded from the Whistler website you should have been emailed a link.

Last edited:

CycleSycho

It is available. Also, if you originally downloaded from the Whistler website you should have been emailed a link.

:) Hi and thanks for the reply Brian. No, it is not available on the whistler website yet ( https://whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads ). If I somehow missed it on the website, I would appreciate a link showing me where it is. Yes, I originally downloaded EZScan (ver 2.18) from the same whistler website after registering because I like to source files from its originator (not from a utility within a program). I have fewer problems doing it this way and btw it was released almost a week ago. No, I have not gotten an email or link from whistler regarding ver 2.19 YET (although I have gotten many sales 'flier' emails at my registered email address). :)

:confused: My original ? to WW is when will version 2.19 be available for download? :confused:

BrianG61UK

So what is your actual problem? Is it that you haven't been able to get the upgrade to 2.19 yet? Or that you insist on downloading it yourself with a browser rather than letting the old version download it?

CycleSycho

So what is your actual problem? Is it that you haven't been able to get the upgrade to 2.19 yet? Or that you insist on downloading it yourself with a browser rather than letting the old version download it?

:confused: Hi Brian. Please reference post 46 (in its simplest form), and in more detail in post 48 (4th sentence first paragraph). It is all explained there. The topic of this OP (first post) is that it will be on the site 'shortly'. :confused:

BrianG61UK

:confused: Hi Brian. Please reference post 46 (in its simplest form), and in more detail in post 48 (4th sentence first paragraph). It is all explained there. The topic of this OP (first post) is that it will be on the site 'shortly'. :confused:
You can't get the updater any other way than from the old version of the program. You should get the new 2.19 installer for a new installation of EZ-Scan if you go though the shopping cart system on thesite again. But I'm not going to try that since the site then seems to email you everything twice.

CycleSycho

While the text on this Whistler page indicates version 2.18, the file you'll get is actually 2.19.

:) Thank you Don, this was exactly what I wanted. I don't make it a habit of not believing the versions numbers listed on a website. I wonder how long it'll take them to update the version listed? Either way, you have helped immensely. :)

I don't know if that'll satisfy him or not. The download comes via sendowl.com and cloudfront.net. Might not be direct enough for him.

:confused: Don't know what to say (Brian). Don understood what I wanted and led me get exactly to what I was looking for. Not how to download it through the EZScan software. Hopefully, WW can forward to the webpage folks, the misidentified versions listed. And yes Brian, Don's help WAS direct enough, and the download went without a hitch. :confused:

bheisner

Premium Subscriber
After applying Version 5.3 - March 17, 2017 update to my TRX-1, I noticed that some talkgroups are not displaying correctly for Motorola Type II SmartZone TRS.

In my case TG 14832 is displaying as TG 14835. This is occurring with the Montgomery County, MD Motorola Type II SmartZone TRS.

I confirmed it this morning. My WS-1040 still show this TG as 14832 However, it now shows as TG 14835 on my TRX-1. Most of the other TGs appear to be fine,

bheisner

Premium Subscriber
I also notice that after applying this update, it's no longer possible to unplug the USB cable (while it is charging) without the TRX-1 shutting off. This is very annoying.

There is no problem when I initial plug it into a USB charger / adapter, however when you unplug it, the unit just shuts off (it doesn't appear to perform a clean shutdown).

This occurs with a USB adapter (Maxboost Wall adapter) and my laptop USB ports.

BrianG61UK

I also notice that after applying this update, it's no longer possible to unplug the USB cable (while it is charging) without the TRX-1 shutting off. This is very annoying.

There is no problem when I initial plug it into a USB charger / adapter, however when you unplug it, the unit just shuts off (it doesn't appear to perform a clean shutdown).

This occurs with a USB adapter (Maxboost Wall adapter) and my laptop USB ports.
I've had that several times with my WS1088. But it's nothing to do with any update. It just randomly does it for a few days then fixes itself later. Really weird.

bheisner

Premium Subscriber
I've had that several times with my WS1088. But it's nothing to do with any update. It just randomly does it for a few days then fixes itself later. Really weird.

Interesting. This is the first time I've noticed it. I plug & unplug my TRX-1 through out the day when I'm at work. I like to keep it plugged into my laptop to keep it charged up.

BTW, I had the same problems applying this update as many have reported in this thread. My problem was I didn't restarted TRX-1.exe after obtaining the updates. That caused my TRX-1 to become disabled for short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.