BCD536HP not showing ENC on Phase-II encrypted talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmith

The 436 and 536 do not mute phase 2 encrypted audio, but do mute phase 1.

Eventually they will get around to modifying that in the firmware.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Voyager

My 536 is picking up PT0 and PT1 this morning from the Virginia Loudoun County Dulles Dispatch (TGID 2805) frequency - which wasn't happening until about 8:00 am.

They switched from P25 Phase I to P25 Phase II.
(or there are currently no P25 Phase I radios on that TG)

Brian7M3

Premium Subscriber
Just found this thread after a search. I am also confirming that my BCD463HP does not mute encrypted audio or show ENC on P25 phase 2 systems. It does work property on the original P25 systems. My firmware is up date.

Looks like are not in a hurry to correct this.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It has never worked on either scanner. Back when K4DPS first put up videos on it he caught this issue. It looks like it will never be addressed as it hasn't after all this time.

Definitely annoying. I listen to a P2 system when I go down to Roanoke and dispatch is clear while units are encrypted. Stupid but it is what it is.

Having to listen to that loud noise when the units talk is beyond annoying not to mention loud.

RS and Whistler have no problem showing E on P2 and giving you choices on what plays from nothing to a busy signal to actually hearing the noise.

Why can't Uniden?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
RS and Whistler have no problem showing E on P2 and giving you choices on what plays from nothing to a busy signal to actually hearing the noise.

Why can't Uniden?

If they patented the way they do that, then that might be one reason... ;)

If it's any consolation it doesn't mute on OP25 either. I've just learned to live with it.

-AZ

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.