TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

MikeOrlando02

ftpuploader & txt link

With the latest version of ftpuploader my MP3's are now uploading to the root of my FTP server. I do have two issues.

Since I added website.com/pager/[mp3] to my message body I get website.com/pager/[mp3] (no file substitution) in all of my emails and MMS messages as well, not just from the text-only. The text-only will (attempt to) substitute the file name, but email and MMS just leave the [mp3] reference.

As I said, my text-only messages are substituting the file name, but the path is wrong. It is starting with the http://www.website.com/pager/ as I have in my body and substitutes [mp3] with "./audio/Rescue_2017_04_09_08_53_25.mp3". The "./audio/" reference I cannot find in my config or tones and I think it is a reference to the audio folder on my local TTD computer where the source audio is kept. I created an audio file on my FTP server and added --remotepath /audio/ to my ftpuploader post command and see if that will serve as a work around. It appears that IE and chrome can disregard the ./ in the URL and just go to pager/audio.

http://www.website.com/pager/./audio/Rescue_2017_04_09_08_53_25.mp3

I will evaluate after the next set of pages we receive.

Westernbound

With the latest version of ftpuploader my MP3's are now uploading to the root of my FTP server. I do have two issues.

Since I added website.com/pager/[mp3] to my message body I get website.com/pager/[mp3] (no file substitution) in all of my emails and MMS messages as well, not just from the text-only. The text-only will (attempt to) substitute the file name, but email and MMS just leave the [mp3] reference.

As I said, my text-only messages are substituting the file name, but the path is wrong. It is starting with the http://www.website.com/pager/ as I have in my body and substitutes [mp3] with "./audio/Rescue_2017_04_09_08_53_25.mp3". The "./audio/" reference I cannot find in my config or tones and I think it is a reference to the audio folder on my local TTD computer where the source audio is kept. I created an audio file on my FTP server and added --remotepath /audio/ to my ftpuploader post command and see if that will serve as a work around. It appears that IE and chrome can disregard the ./ in the URL and just go to pager/audio.

http://www.website.com/pager/./audio/Rescue_2017_04_09_08_53_25.mp3

I will evaluate after the next set of pages we receive.

Yes, I also ran into that and had to go reread the instructions on using the uploader and I noticed that I had not looked closely enough at the following statement

Note that the [mp3] tag includes the relative path to the file. For example:
Setting “Email Body” to: "http://www.myfd.org/[mp3]"
will send this hyperlink in the body of the message:
http://www.myfd.org/audio/Tone1_2016_12_22_15_32_17.mp3

Notice it says it includes "the relative path to the file" and the "/audio/" is in the example url. I added the audio folder to my ftp site and it uploads fine to it.

Also, I noticed that the displayed file path in the emailed link is not the actual file path that the link goes to, they are different.
Marvin

Last edited:

Andy2712

Feed Provider
Correct, at the batch file to Windows Task Scheduler and set it to run every 15 minutes.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing this script. I figured out how to do the task scheduler and set it up to run the batch file. When the batch file runs from the task scheduler I get a message that says it can't find the TTD .exe. If I run the batch file from the folder where I have everything else, it works flawlessly. I tried updating the batch file with the whole location of the TTD.exe but that got the same results.

Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Is it possible to do TLS instead of SSL for sending emails? I'm trying to use Amazon SES for sending and it appears that it only allows TLS that I can tell so far.

I'm getting the following error so I'm not 100% sure what the exact issue is.

Code:
<class 'socket.gaierror'>
[Errorno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
<traceback object at 0x02CF5940>
While trying to send to:

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Is it possible to do TLS instead of SSL for sending emails? I'm trying to use Amazon SES for sending and it appears that it only allows TLS that I can tell so far.

I'm getting the following error so I'm not 100% sure what the exact issue is.

Code:
<class 'socket.gaierror'>
[Errorno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
<traceback object at 0x02CF5940>
While trying to send to:

I've made some changes but no success yet, getting a new error now.

Code:
<class 'smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError'>
(535, 'Authentication Credentials Invalid')
<traceback object at 0x02C4F918>
While trying to send to:

Anyone ever used Amazon SES for SMTP?

I had to switch mail/web hosting and now I'm caught in the Verizon Wireless SMS delay and I'm trying to find a server which is more trusted to get around this.

MikeOrlando02

Hi Mike,

Thanks for writing this script. I figured out how to do the task scheduler and set it up to run the batch file. When the batch file runs from the task scheduler I get a message that says it can't find the TTD .exe. If I run the batch file from the folder where I have everything else, it works flawlessly. I tried updating the batch file with the whole location of the TTD.exe but that got the same results.

Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!

I saw your PM today, looks like you figured out how to schedule the task to run. I would suggest simply leaving TTDmon in the same folder as your TTD exe, that's how I run mine.

Otherwise, have you noticed at what point your get the error it cannot find TTD.exe? You would have to look everywhere the appName variable is used in the script as sometimes it just needs the actual name and in other places it would need the full path if you were to run TTDmon from somewhere else. I would have to test all these places, but for sure under "CASE2" it would need the full path on the start line if you were not running it from the same folder. Is this where you issue is, when TTD is not running and the screen turns red and it attempts to re-launch it?

MIKE

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
Andy

I'm now getting the following message

Code:
<class 'smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused'>
(501, 'Invalid MAIL FROM address provided',.......

The email_user is not the typical user@domain.tld but just a user. I also have a full email in the "email_from ="

What might be causing this?

Andy2712

Feed Provider
I saw your PM today, looks like you figured out how to schedule the task to run. I would suggest simply leaving TTDmon in the same folder as your TTD exe, that's how I run mine.

Otherwise, have you noticed at what point your get the error it cannot find TTD.exe? You would have to look everywhere the appName variable is used in the script as sometimes it just needs the actual name and in other places it would need the full path if you were to run TTDmon from somewhere else. I would have to test all these places, but for sure under "CASE2" it would need the full path on the start line if you were not running it from the same folder. Is this where you issue is, when TTD is not running and the screen turns red and it attempts to re-launch it?

MIKE

TTD Mon is running out of the same folder. Yes the problem occurs when it turns red and attempts to re-launch the program.

MikeOrlando02

SUCCESS!

Yes, I also ran into that and had to go reread the instructions on using the uploader and I noticed that I had not looked closely enough at the following statement

Note that the [mp3] tag includes the relative path to the file. For example:
Setting “Email Body” to: "http://www.myfd.org/[mp3]"
will send this hyperlink in the body of the message:
http://www.myfd.org/audio/Tone1_2016_12_22_15_32_17.mp3

Notice it says it includes "the relative path to the file" and the "/audio/" is in the example url. I added the audio folder to my ftp site and it uploads fine to it.

Also, I noticed that the displayed file path in the emailed link is not the actual file path that the link goes to, they are different.
Marvin

I was able to get my MP3 to upload using the new ftpuploader yesterday and get them in the correct folder so that it matched the link in the BODY text. I did have a bit of an issue with the remotepath argument. if I did --remotepath /audio/ the MP3 would still land in my root. I am using --remotepath audio/ (less the leading /) and my MP3s make it to the audio subfolder and match the link in the BODY. I am still getting a /./ in my link, but it appears all the browsers can negotiate this and just ignore it.

ftpuploader [mp3] ftp.mysite.com MyUser MyPassword --remotepath audio/

As a suggestion, it would be nice if either the body/link did not appear in any MMS or Email messages (as they get the MP3 as an attachment) or at the least allow the /MP3 variable to be that actual live link.

Either way, cool feature!

nawfire

Bell Mobility has only worked with sending plain text/sms messages for as long as I can remember. AMR/MP3/WAV wont go through their sms gateway. Just plain text messaging. Our department is sending text notification when a valid toneset is detected and then emails the recorded page to their email so they can access that on their smartphone... or use one of the online scanner apps to monitor further radio traffic. Hope that helps!

BigRedBox80

Feed Provider
I decided to try another SMTP service and unfortunately, text messages are still very slow. The service shows the messages accepted by Verizon but they just aren't passing them along very quickly. Anyone else still having trouble?

When I was with my previous web host (very small) I had no issues but since I had to move I just can't get these though very well.

davidVT

Feed Provider
Anyone having trouble sending tones as of just today from gmail to att amr and any email? Everything started bouncing for me as of today. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ffryan76

Feed Provider
So this popped up on my virus threat. Andy is this a concern or just the AVG flaging a false threat?
54d1633946a593281225f7bf5f21433a.jpg

nawfire

Has anyone had a problem with V69 randomly becoming unresponsive?
I'm running the primary on a dell Windows 7 notebook and the backup on identical hardware.
I'm using both the redundant feature and remote tones.
Nothing shows up in the log files, it just stops partway through a log entry line with no recognizable pattern. I ruled out ftp timeouts and have no other ideas.

Sometimes it runs for an hour, sometimes for a couple days...Then just becomes unresponsive....

SAR-EMS

Help

Hi been using this great program for a while but having some trouble now. I am trying to use pushover and when I use [mp3] it does not seem to get changed to the file name. The files are getting saved to the audio folder with the file names being changed with the date stamp.

some of the things I have tried:
ffmpeg is installed and the files are being converted to mp3

On a test version of the program I have the email body set to www.mysite.com\audio\[mp3] but the conversion of the file name does not take place there either.

Last week I was sending the url to the sms gateway and it did change the filename and I was able to retrieve the file from my ftp. I have been trying to figure out what changed and I cannot come up with anything. No new programs, updates etc.

I have tried re-downloading TTD into a new folder extracted and get the same result. I did not cut and paste from the old to the new.

I am currently trying v68 as another test, waiting for a page to see.

Kinda out of ideas to try next. Anybody have a direction to head?

I am using the dreaded windows 10 32 bit. The push script I am using is the sample python 2.7 version I do get the push messages, just get them with the [mp3] instead of the filename.

The files do show on my ftp site.

Thanks for any feedback

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue using V68 and I'm also using the redundant tone feature.

Has anyone had a problem with V69 randomly becoming unresponsive?
I'm running the primary on a dell Windows 7 notebook and the backup on identical hardware.
I'm using both the redundant feature and remote tones.
Nothing shows up in the log files, it just stops partway through a log entry line with no recognizable pattern. I ruled out ftp timeouts and have no other ideas.

Sometimes it runs for an hour, sometimes for a couple days...Then just becomes unresponsive....

SAR-EMS

ok tonight it appears that on the same instance of the program with [mp3] in the email body, the file is changing to the page name and time stamp. But in the mp3 emails it stays [mp3].