• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

cw id strip for TK-8180 repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
Hello,

I know some radio like the GR-1225 has a PL strip to eliminate hearing the id etc on a repeater. Other repeaters do it also. How is this done? Basically to only pass audio.

I have a couple tk-8180 repeaters using an Id-o-matic 4 and a VHF TK-762G repeater with a CAT-300 controller. I am not sure if I am going to do it or not but would like to know what it involves.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Repeaters with internal IDs sometimes allow PL strip when they fire off. This is done by programming. If an external controller or IDer is used the repeater needs to know when to drop PL and is done with a logic input assigned as PL strip. Again not always available. Depends on the repeater.

Your challenge would be how to get an output change from your controllers only when the IDer is transmitting. Maybe a fake end-around with some macro programming? I am not that familiar with either the id-o-matic or the Cat300 to comment on whether that is doable.

If you can swing this then you can take that output from the controller and connect it to an input on the transmit radio that would cause it to change channels. Program a second channel on the radio but without PL encode. Voila! PL strip on ID.

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
OK Thank you, sounds like it would take some thought and further research.

I was wondering though about in the extended function on the X180's in the mod line part where it has w/QT/DQT - what does this do or would it do if it was made No. I wasn't getting a good answer when I looked it up in the help section of the KPG-89D. Or if there was some other setting like that.

Reelfishguy

Or possibly have controller make the 8180 change to channel 2 which is programmed with no encode tone.

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
Depending on how you are feeding the ID AU and PTT into the radio (I assume via the rear DB-25) you can turn off encode/decode in the FPU under the EXTENDED FUNCTION/MODULATION LINE.

I normally send ID audio to the DATA IN line.

Jim

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
modline.jpg

AUXPIC.jpg

This is how my TK-8180 repeater is set up. The rear DB25 is used.

DB25 Radio to ID-O-Matic IV
Pin 4 Ext PTT Voice > Pin 3 PTT
Pin 22 TOR > Pin 7 COR
Pin 17 RX Audio > Pin 8 RX Audio
Pin 6 Audio Out > Pin 11 Audio Out
Pin 7 Ground > Pin 12

Also have the resistor added in to pad down the audio.

Some other locations for info...

http://static1.1.sqspcdn.com/static.../AN246.pdf?token=T2LZxGDZtcfXJZmH+Q7Hw+98wAI=

and

https://forums.radioreference.com/k...-x180-mobile-cross-band-repeat-heres-how.html

Status
Not open for further replies.