• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-210:k2 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Contact your Kenwood dealer. They can download it off the dealer tool website.

Keep in mind that you will need to update your programming software, also. Don't update firmware unless you understand the changes that have happened over the last few years. Some functions have changed.

tracar

I dont have too many kenwood dealers here that were willing to give me the firmware file, but were super excited to sell me the software that i already have, lol

So if i do upgrade do i need to do it in a few steps like 1.23.00, then 1.24.00 sequentially, or can it be 1.23.00 right to 4.20.00?

Does any one here have info on what the firmware files contain , for updates,
And or a link to the actual files themselves ??

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
You can jump directly from your firmware level to the latest, no issues there.

The changes are mostly covering NXDN trunking, forced narrow band, etc.

The only place I know of to get the latest firmware files are directly from Kenwood WebTools or from a dealer willing to work with you. You will need the latest software to work with the latest firmware. You can try calling Kenwood directly and see if they can help you.

yhssenior05

all good :) some one here already helped me out and all my issues of scanning and glitching/ resetting have been solved

Can you help me on this my radio is firmware version K2.04.00 and my kpg software is KPG111D v 5.0, I can't get the radio and software to communicate.....

yhssenior05

Radio firmware ver is k 2.04.00
KPG-111D ver 5.0 software
Programming cable is from eBay but seems to work fine as it will communicate with the radio and pull the radio info.

Getting error message check model name and market code.

I have tried all the NX200 model names available in software that are for K versions...

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
You MUST have KPG-111DN for the NX210.

111D will work on the NX700/NX800s, but not on the NX210. I don't think that model was sold outside of the US, so the rest of world software doesn't have the needed information.

KPG-111DN = USA version (enforced narrow-band)
KPG-111D = Rest of World

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
You MUST have KPG-111DN for the NX210.

111D will work on the NX700/NX800s, but not on the NX210. I don't think that model was sold outside of the US, so the rest of world software doesn't have the needed information.

KPG-111DN = USA version (enforced narrow-band)
KPG-111D = Rest of World

111D is what Ive been using on my NX-210 with no problem

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Any version before 4.x will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I would have to say, need to load 111 as a non English, I have not tried this, and see if it will read the transceiver info. then. If is shows as an E, not sure you can flash K into it??? But you can try.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
I think we're losing sight of the issue that the OP is having. I don't really care what fpcaptain is or isn't able to do.

The answer to the OP's issue as to why he can't read his NX210 with KPG-111D is because that version of software doesn't support that radio. Whether it did or didn't in the past doesn't matter in this thread.

I can duplicate his exact complaint when I try to use 111D v5.0 on either of my NX210s.

See attachment.

Attachments

• kpg.png
    kpg.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 363

fpcaptain

Feed Provider
I don't think there is a need to point and scold as arrogance ruins forums like this. The information that was being passed back and forth was simply information of what I am using. The KPG111D Version 4.80 is what I use for my NX-210G as you can see in the screen shot I attached so it does work and has been for almost 2 years that Ive been using it. If you look at the screen shot you posted you can see the 210 in the one at least. I haven't upgraded because I still want wide band. Simply this is what I am using and if needed this information could be used to downgrade to what I am using as it is confirmed by me that it works.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image.jpg
    New Bitmap Image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 310
Status
Not open for further replies.