RE2000 to RE2000 cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpkube

Hello All,
I'm new to this forum, and want to say Hello.
1st question I have is about the Racing Electronics RE2000. Does anyone know how to clone one RE2000 to another. The manual says that an optional cloning cable. Sent a message to RE and they don't have that cable anymore. I asked for the instruction that they had with the kit, assuming they still it on file, apparently they don't. Just wanted to see if someone here knows the procedure to clone 2 RE2000 radios. Ad if the cable is just a regular mono cable.
Thanks

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I had one of these at one time..

I do believe it's a stereo cable, not a mono cable. There needs to be RX/TX/GND. What I don't remember however, is if the cable was a "cross-over" type cable. (Ring to Tip, Tip to Ring) I would think it would be..

I made my own serial cable to program it with a computer, it did not require any components. The original cable was way overpriced for what it was. The software was free though. :roll:

kpkube

Thanks for the reply. Will have to try to make a cable to clone. Do you happen to still have the software, I know that RE doesn't have the software anymore.

kpkube

Got the cloning to work. I had a stereo cable with rca ends on it. 1 set with male ends and the other with female ends. just reversed them and got the scanners to clone. Powered on the Master scanner while holding down CLON button and just turned on the slave scanner and it began to clone.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
archive.org
When the page loads, you can enter in a filter, so put in .zip and you should see RE2000.ZIP listed.

Be aware though, this is 16 bit software, and may not run on current windows versions. You will also need a real serial port.

kpkube

Now that I have the frequencies cloned from a good scanner, I think that the cloned scanner is not receiving.
Does anyone know someone that can repair a RE2000 scanner?
Thanks

smark

archive.org
When the page loads, you can enter in a filter, so put in .zip and you should see RE2000.ZIP listed.

Be aware though, this is 16 bit software, and may not run on current windows versions. You will also need a real serial port.

Thank you, I was able to download the software.

As for the serial port, are you saying a DB9 -> USB adapter won't work?

PeteD31bgn

Feed Provider
RE2000 Software

archive.org

Hey gang I am in the same boat,
My software form my RE2000 is NG. cant read from the floppy
I tried the link above, but it goes no where.
can somone send me the file?

Status
Not open for further replies.