GSP going digi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

"I know that there are three P-25 repeaters in your area that are active. Could they possibly be on the trunk systems? Take a note, they are operating out of area dispatch centers. Not individual posts anymore.
Larry"

Which Troop A P25 repeaters are active? Everybody from the Tennessee line south to Cartersville-Rome-Jasper is using analog two-frequency simplex as of this last weekend. I'm familiar with the consolidated dispatching. The troopers based out of the Dalton to Lafayette posts sometimes communicate with local officers on the TACN, but their day-to-day ops are still VHF simplex.
Can anybody shed light on the progress of the buildout?
BG..

N8IAA

Post 5, Post 28, and Post 38. All have NAC's associated with them. I would presume that that indicates activity. I can't receive anything that far north, so I can't confirm. It would seem that they use the Floyd county system as well. It's not unusual that simplex is used. I hear it in my area as well, but not very often. They do use GA DNR repeaters too.
Larry

Last edited:

KA4MLK

Premium Subscriber
I live in Rome, GA, and haven't heard any activity on any Troop A P25 channels. I have heard Post 28 units using the DNR Ft. Mountain P25 repeater though. Using a Kenwood TK-5220 with NAC F7E.
Mike

N8IAA

So, if Posts 5,28 and 38 have NACs associated with them, can you share what they are? They are not listed in the database.
BG..

28, and 38 are listed in the RR database. 5, I got from a friend, and they asked me not to post it to RR. Sorry.
Larry

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
If you're using a Uniden scanner just go into Set Audio Type -> Digital Only -> Search and read it off the screen the next time they transmit.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring
GSP Troop A

All GSP Troop A P25 Repeater Sites now appear to be on the air.
As of this past weekend, Saturday, Sunday, June 11/12, 2016 the Troop A GSP P25 Repeaters
became active and GSP Post Dispatchers started talking to GSP units.

W4TF

I drive all over the state for work. If you guys want me to monitor a particular frequency in a particular area, please let me know. I'm just learning GA right now.

PS - Hi Bote! Long time my friend! I miss FL!!! :-(

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
What is the info for post 3? Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Does anyone know if Jekyll Island is a DMR system or P25 when I pick them up it's a DMR system.

Status
Not open for further replies.