Possibly a stupid question regarding TGID's and limiting scanner to certain TGID's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vysiontech

Feed Provider
I am a newbie when it comes to digital trunking systems.

Setup scanner today using radio reference database...

Pulled in the System I wanted, along with the frequencies and the TGID's I wanted to listen to, removing over 100 TGID's which I didn't want to hear and uploading configuration to BCD996P2.

Assigned Quick Keys to the TGID's.

Attempted to listen to the system, all I seem to get are TGID's which I have not selected.

I have tried both ways (i.e. locking out all of the other TGID's and just removing them), and neither seems to work the way I think it is supposed to.

Running 1.07.07 firmware on the BCD996P2 and using ProScan (and FreeSCAN as well) to try and program this thing.

What I am trying to do is isolate just 7 TGID's out of the Ohio-MARCS system.

I have looked at YouTube, as well as the "Simple user manual for the BCD996P2" and still can't figure it out! Help!

vysiontech

Feed Provider
Thanks for the quick response. When I do that I don't seem to pick up anything at all. I'm wondering if there isn't something else wrong with the config?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Channel Groups Locked Out?
Channel Group QK Disabled?
(Above are two separate things, either or both of which would prevent the scanner from stopping on channel activity.)

vysiontech

Feed Provider
This is what the display looks like when in SCAN:

Franklin County
ID SCAN
SO:-----------------------0 (the zero flashes)
GRP:---------------------*

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Ok, you scanning a system that has SQK 0 assigned to it.
Within that system, there is a channel group that has GQK 0 assigned, but that GQK is disabled.

vysiontech

Feed Provider
In the database view both the TGIDs and the Freqs both were assigned QuickKey 0.

I just set them both back to None and uploaded. I only plan on using this scanner for the 7 TGID's I configured as it will just be used for broadcastify for the local city here. What is the best way to setup the database file for what I am trying to accomplish?

Thank you for all of your help by the way, much appreciated.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Which TG's are you wanting?

Are you aware the some Franklin county TG are only on the Franklin site, sone only on the other MARCS sites.

I do NOT know which is where. There are posts under the thread in Ohio Sub_group

Probably in this thread

https://forums.radioreference.com/o...olumbus-switch-over-marcs-ip.html#post2601558

If not - somewhere in that sub.

Here - this list who is on which site

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...-way-manage-my-marcs-scanner.html#post2683813

Or load all 3 sites and check.

vysiontech

Feed Provider
Phask,

Thanks that ended up being the issue. I added all Franklin county frequencies as well as the Delaware county freqs since I'm at the northern edge of Franklin at Delaware. I'm getting the TGIDs now.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.