Delaware County Fire Template Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwhanf

Feed Provider
Delaware County fire departments will begin changing over to their new template this week. They are doing away with individual fireground and tac channels and the rescue channel. They are going to EMS 1-2, Fireground 1-5, Ops 1-5, and a Mayday channel. EMS calls will still be on EMS 1. I believe most rescue calls will be on EMS 2 and fire calls & service runs will be assigned to fireground and ops channels by DelComm. MayDay channel will be for maydays only. DelComm will still be the dispatch channel. Changes should be complete by end of the week.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
While looking at the template, saw Upper Arlington is on there now too, for PD atleast. Any word on them switching to the system?

au1344

Premium Subscriber
That is correct. Fire switched back on the 8th and are dispatched on NW ALERT. They are still using the old UAFD Tac TGs at this time. PD will switch over on the first of the year and operate on COIRS. A COIRS tower is also going to be built in the city.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Yes thank you for the update, I was wondering when/if UA would use the system. If I’m not mistaken, that makes the only agency geographically nearby that’s not using the system is Sharon Township. I still wonder why they switched to being dispatched to FCSO, considering the fact their jurisdiction goes all the way into southern Delaware County. They used to be dispatched by Worthington.

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
If I’m not mistaken, that makes the only agency geographically nearby that’s not using the system is Sharon Township. I still wonder why they switched to being dispatched to FCSO, considering the fact their jurisdiction goes all the way into southern Delaware County. They used to be dispatched by Worthington.

Perry Twp and Sharon Twp both switched for reasons of lower cost and better service. Neither one covers anything in Delaware County; both end at the Franklin County line.

rwhanf

Feed Provider
New talkgroups confirmed

10045 EMS2 - now used for rescue operations
10037 FG1
10043 MAYDAY - old rescue channel
10060 Ops1
10069 FG2
10072 Ops2
10075 FG3
10078 Ops3
10081 FG4
10085 Ops4
10088 FG5
10091 Ops5
10094 Training1
10097 Training2
10100 Patch1
10103 Patch2
10263 EMS to MCLC
10264 EMS to OHLC
10265 EMS to KidsLC
10266 EMS to OHPwl

I have submitted these for an update, however, they were marked complete on Sunday but the system has yet to be updated. Not sure why.

SCPD

QRT
Excellent! Yeah, I think they had way too many tg's for FG operations. Thanks for the heads up!

rwhanf

Feed Provider
This is live...kind of! The county began the process of switching over all the radios last week. I know that Concord, Liberty, Orange, and Delaware are all using the new template, they have been since last week. There may be others already complete too. Dispatchers have been using both the old and new channels, so I'm sure the county is going to want to complete this process soon.

SCPD

QRT
This is live...kind of! The county began the process of switching over all the radios last week. I know that Concord, Liberty, Orange, and Delaware are all using the new template, they have been since last week. There may be others already complete too. Dispatchers have been using both the old and new channels, so I'm sure the county is going to want to complete this process soon.
Yeah I like it better than the old one. I just reprogrammed my radios to the new one. As stated above, it's a lot like the MARCS template.

Sent from my Motorola G5+

Status
Not open for further replies.