Albany County P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
Before this goes to far off topic, County Law has been and is currently patched to Interop 1 which is why it's showing as being in a patch. County Law 1 can be clearly heard on the County cell and been allowed on the County cell off and on since it was turned on. It's mostly allowed Monday-Friday with some exception.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

D

DaveNF2G

Before this goes to far off topic, County Law has been and is currently patched to Interop 1 which is why it's showing as being in a patch. County Law 1 can be clearly heard on the County cell and been allowed on the County cell off and on since it was turned on. It's mostly allowed Monday-Friday with some exception.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you! Mystery solved.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
Seems like Bethlehem EMS (154.3475) is being patched from time to time with TG 10925. It doesn't appear to be full time but the only P25 native traffic seems to be the ACSO Medic's. Guess it's being used as a method of interop.

FDNY10-75

Database Admin
Seems like Bethlehem EMS (154.3475) is being patched from time to time with TG 10925. It doesn't appear to be full time but the only P25 native traffic seems to be the ACSO Medic's. Guess it's being used as a method of interop.

That's the Bethlehem EMS 1 tg in the system.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
It would appear that the County is in the middle of replacing all of their radios now that the County Cell is in service. A majority of the County Law 1 traffic is now P25 native. It also appears as though the ACSO Paramedics are starting to get their radios. I'd be curious to see if any of the other agencies and municipalities south of Colonie and Albany are going to join. Coeymans PD is switched over but curious about Bethlehem and Guilderland. They both have TGs allocated on the system in the range of 109xx. I think Bethlehem is 1092x and Guilderland is 1096x based on testing I have heard. Curious if anyone has identified any of those besides Bethlehem EMS 1 on 10925 which appears to be a full time patch to VHF now.

Here is what I have identified so far:
10925 Bethlehem EMS 1
10927 Bethlehem Fire? (Not sure on exactly what the channel assignment is)
10933 Coeymans PD (Believe this is an encrypted TAC like the other County dispatched cities have)
10961 Guilderland PD
10967 Guilderland Fire

Again, I believe these are allocated only. I have not heard that either Guilderland or Bethlehem have signed on. These may go unused for a while. Also, anyone have luck identifying the following?

11984 (Seems like another Watervliet PD encrypted TAC)
18403 (NYS Park Police?)

Sorry, I know that's a lot but they have had me stumped for a while.

D

DaveNF2G

Here is what I have identified so far:
10925 Bethlehem EMS 1
10927 Bethlehem Fire? (Not sure on exactly what the channel assignment is)
10933 Coeymans PD (Believe this is an encrypted TAC like the other County dispatched cities have)
10961 Guilderland PD
10967 Guilderland Fire

Ravena-Coeymans PD is dispatched on COUNTY LAW1, so your identification of 10933 as a TAC is probably correct.

I'll have to check my resources at home for the other groups.

D

DaveNF2G

Also, anyone have luck identifying the following?

10024 Been a mystery here for a while, too.
10801 MUNI 1
13240 13241 & 242 are AFD DETAIL groups. Could be another AFD or a bad decode.
13805 I have tentatively identified this as belonging to DGS.

Sorry, I know that's a lot but they have had me stumped for a while.

Most of them are one digit different from frequently used groups. They could be mistaken decodes.

Have you heard voice traffic on the unidentifieds? Are they just showing up as software hits? Do you get affiliations on them?

The third option, I think, is caused by the radio techs. Those might or might not be future talkgroups.

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
There are definitely affiliations. I have seen voice calls on some of them via Unitrunker but I don't record them. Almost all of the voice calls have been while I was away so I have not heard much. Based on the number of affiliations on them, I don't think they are bad decodes. They just appear to be TG's that are not used much. Some may be allocations for future use, but current active units are affiliating on them which would indicate that they are in radios and some people are flipping through what's programed on their radio to see what's on there I guess.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
13240 I have seen somewhere that it was supposed to be an Albany Police Command Channel
13805 was labeled future use for Buildings?

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Again, hope I'm not off topic, but I was holding out hope that the last couple towns discussed here would not convert to the County System. The reception here south of Albany is abysmal. Probably can hear about 1/5 of the transmissions clearly. Of course we have discussed numerous times all the reasons why. Now it's clear as a bell if I go into Albany. Personally I can't justify investing several hundreds of dollars for one of those pagers either. I guess the streaming sites may be best for those of us who can't hear this system well.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Again, hope I'm not off topic, but I was holding out hope that the last couple towns discussed here would not convert to the County System. The reception here south of Albany is abysmal. Probably can hear about 1/5 of the transmissions clearly.

Just checking...but if you are well outside of the City/Colonie area, you are using the County cell correct?
I don't believe any of the City/Colonie traffic is carried on Metro, but all of the Towns/County traffic should be.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
I have all frequencies programmed currently. Ideally I’d love to hear it all clearly but I guess these scanners aren’t made that well. I’m using a PSR 500.

Unless you are saying I should just program the county cell and remove all others?

Thanks!

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Unless you are saying I should just program the county cell and remove all others?

Well that depends.
The Metro cell covers the City, Colonie, and the river cities well. It carries all that traffic and a few of the countywide talkgroups.
The County cell has many more towers that cover the whole county, but is meant to carry only the traffic from the "rural" areas and that need to be countywide. e.g. City of Albany and Colonie traffic is not on the County cell.

If you live in an area that receives both well, you can listen to both. If you live in an area that is marginal for the Metro cell, you may want to remove those from your scanning...to prevent the scanner from stopping on a weak signal. Of course then you won't hear any City or Colonie traffic. It really depends on what you want to hear and how strong the signal is.
Of course, then on top of both is the simulcast interference issue that scanners have. You can always try the various tricks, like a yagi antenna pointed at just one site, to see if that helps.
If you merged all the control channels into one scanner bank, you might want to split them off into two banks and try one or the other and see how it works.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it might come down to what frequencies are most needed for the Metro Cell in my location. I'm going to experiment a bit.

Thanks again!

sav1350

Premium Subscriber
During the fire yesterday in Bethlehem, several of the departments were coming across County Fire 1 as native P25 with RIDs. It seems as though roll out to departments in the hill towns has started. Sounds like New Salem, Onesquethaw, and Voorheesville were all P25. There we was discussion about units being on KKV which is Onequethaw's VHF repeater. So, either they are are still using that for interop or they do not have all of their radios yet. I'm guessing a mix of both. Between this observation and the news that Guilderland is joining, I'm guessing there will be a lot more traffic, new TGs, and new RIDs showing up on the County Cell over the next few months.

archmont7

Premium Subscriber
Unication G5 Question

For those that have a G5v pager with Colonie & Albany programmed in it, how do you have your P25 Trunking System Site List programmed on page D2?

Also, would anyone be willing to send me their saved profile so I can compare it to mine? I'm new to this and am trying to see if I have it done correctly.

Thanks!

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
For those that have a G5v pager with Colonie & Albany programmed in it, how do you have your P25 Trunking System Site List programmed on page D2?

!

I have the system as two different systems in the G5. The Metro cell is one and County the other. Then I use different knob settings for different sets of TGs. But all TGs are either Metro OR County on any particular knob position.
Don't mix all the frequencies from both cells as one system.

jgorman21

Premium Subscriber
BTW. Thank you Thunderknight! Separating out the systems on my PSR 500 has cleared up reception significantly...finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.