Raspberri Pi Streaming issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcnavyd

So almost at my wits end here and about to the throw in the towel and admit defeat. I have been running a PI 3 for the last few month fine with darkice. Only real issue I had at first was that the only way I could get it to stream was after the pi was booted I had to open up a web page and then it would stream. Seemed odd, almost like it had to have something else access the net before it would. So this brings us to now. Lost power at the house, and no cannot get it to stream. So I checked everything, internet access is fine, ran commands to start program again, made sure my config files were all correct and everything checked out. So I said screw it decided to just re image the flash card. Rebuilt the card with Rasbian and installed darkice. Scanner came on line after about 30 minutes of sitting idle and then I connected to the internet and boom back on. Rebooted the Pi to see if it would auto load and stream, big mistake. Now I cannot get the dang thing to stream for the life of me. I can figure out EZstream to try it, but is darkice just a bad program on the PI? Its not the PI. PI is fine. And I have set up that is would start by default and double checked. Just zero reason for this. any help would be appreciated.

DC31

Feed Provider
So almost at my wits end here and about to the throw in the towel and admit defeat. I have been running a PI 3 for the last few month fine with darkice. Only real issue I had at first was that the only way I could get it to stream was after the pi was booted I had to open up a web page and then it would stream. Seemed odd, almost like it had to have something else access the net before it would. So this brings us to now. Lost power at the house, and no cannot get it to stream. So I checked everything, internet access is fine, ran commands to start program again, made sure my config files were all correct and everything checked out. So I said screw it decided to just re image the flash card. Rebuilt the card with Rasbian and installed darkice. Scanner came on line after about 30 minutes of sitting idle and then I connected to the internet and boom back on. Rebooted the Pi to see if it would auto load and stream, big mistake. Now I cannot get the dang thing to stream for the life of me. I can figure out EZstream to try it, but is darkice just a bad program on the PI? Its not the PI. PI is fine. And I have set up that is would start by default and double checked. Just zero reason for this. any help would be appreciated.

In your darkice.cfg file, what does the device= line say?

Jcnavyd

No Errors. Acts as if it is running. And no I have it as an auto startup so no need to redo the command prompt. I have check after reboot to see if it is there running says it is. Command I am using is Sudo service darkice1 start after hitting enter goes to next command line with no error

DC31

Feed Provider
Ok, so from your responses it looks like you set your pi up using the Raspberry Pi Broadcastify Build instructions in the wiki. Those instructions are rather outdated when using a pi3 and the current version of Raspbian.

Let's back up and try a couple things:

1. make sure that you have darkice stopped. sudo service darkice1 stop

2. Then at the command prompt type darkice -c /etc/darkice1.cfg Note that there are spaces each side of the -c.

Report back what responses you get on the screen. If you don't return to a command prompt Cntrl-c should get you there. If you don't return to a command prompt, wait 5-10 minutes and check to see if your feed is back on line.

Jcnavyd

Using the command above I am getting back "bash: -c: Command not found"
And yes I am using the Broadcastify Build Instructions. I had a feeling they may be outdated as a couple of the commands it stated the version i was requesting was old and replaced with a newer version. Would be nice to have a more up to date build walk through. Sorry for the slow response. Needed to take a break for a second and turn the feed back on with my Windows PC. But I want to get the PI working again for it. Appreciate the help

DC31

Feed Provider
Using the command above I am getting back "bash: -c: Command not found"
And yes I am using the Broadcastify Build Instructions. I had a feeling they may be outdated as a couple of the commands it stated the version i was requesting was old and replaced with a newer version. Would be nice to have a more up to date build walk through. Sorry for the slow response. Needed to take a break for a second and turn the feed back on with my Windows PC. But I want to get the PI working again for it. Appreciate the help

Are you typing the command correctly? It should look like:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ darkice -c /etc/darkice1.cfg

Jcnavyd

Sorry this was and ID10T error on my part.... So I did get it to run. this is the message I received

Using config file: /etc/darkice1.cfg
Using ALSA DSP input Device: hw:0,0 <---I was messing with input device setting so this has changed
Could not set POSIX real-time scheduling, this may cause recording skips.
Try to run darkice as the super-user
DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:1187: Can't open Connector [0]

DC31

Feed Provider
Sorry this was and ID10T error on my part.... So I did get it to run. this is the message I received

Using config file: /etc/darkice1.cfg
Using ALSA DSP input Device: hw:0,0 <---I was messing with input device setting so this has changed
Could not set POSIX real-time scheduling, this may cause recording skips.
Try to run darkice as the super-user
DarkIce: DarkIce.cpp:1187: Can't open Connector [0]

I think that the Can't open Connector error is pointing back to your input device setting. Perhaps changing back to plughw:1,0 would help?

Jcnavyd

Ok so getting the same results except for the DarkIce line. I changed it back to the plughw:1,0 So thinking what ever the issue is it is revolving arounf the input device? Now it says

DarkIce: TcpSocket.cpp:226: gethostbyname error [0]

DC31

Feed Provider
Ok so getting the same results except for the DarkIce line. I changed it back to the plughw:1,0 So thinking what ever the issue is it is revolving arounf the input device? Now it says

DarkIce: TcpSocket.cpp:226: gethostbyname error [0]

That sounds like an error in the "server =" line of your configuration file.

DC31

Feed Provider
That sounds like an error in the "server =" line of your configuration file.

When you get to the point where the error says something about "lame underlying sink error" that generally means that you need to shut down the other system that is already broadcasting the feed that you are trying to connect.

Jcnavyd

Ok so i had an x infront of my one on my server setting. It was Server= adiox1.broadcastify.com. I removed the x and the chanded results So now I am getting the follow error below. I have stopped my feed on my PC still same error

DarkIce: LameLibEncoder .cpp:75: lame lib opening Underlying sink error [0]

Jcnavyd

So it appears that that got me back online with the feed. Still have to open a web browser to get access which i find very odd. I will have to keep the PC one going for right now. Some reason I have a TERRIBLE noise in the feed on the pi i will have to work on. I really appreciate your help. Any idea why I would have to open a browser to get it to work? Really screws me on a power failure this way it can not automatically come back up on its own

DC31

Feed Provider
So it appears that that got me back online with the feed. Still have to open a web browser to get access which i find very odd. I will have to keep the PC one going for right now. Some reason I have a TERRIBLE noise in the feed on the pi i will have to work on. I really appreciate your help. Any idea why I would have to open a browser to get it to work? Really screws me on a power failure this way it can not automatically come back up on its own

I don’t know what to say about the web browser part. Do you get any error messages when you attempt to start it manually before opening the browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.