TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

lookatfreqs

Builds 3.2.4 thru 3.3.3 are working, build 3.2 does not work. All builds 3.3.4 and after are not working. I am currently using 3.3.3

aaknitt

Feed Provider
v70 Released

v70 has been posted to the main program page

• Added ability for email Subject to be customized. Variable substitution applies as follows for the subject line:
    - [d] will be replaced with the Tone Description
    - [t] will be replaced with the time at which the tone was detected
    - The subject line will default to “[d] Page Received at [t]” if no edits are made
  • The default text in the email body can now be eliminated, if desired. Variable substitution for the email body applies as follows:
    - [d] will be replaced with the Tone Description
    - [t] will be replaced with the time at which the tone was detected
    - [mp3] will be replaced with the .mp3 file name
    - [amr] will be replaced with the .amr file name
    - [wav] will be replaced with the .wav file name
    - The email body will default to “[d] Page Received at [t]” if no edits are made
  • Changed variable substitution to only provide the filename in email body rather than the entire relative path. For example, where the [mp3] tag would have been replaced with “/audio/filename.mp3” in the past, it will now only be replaced with “filename.mp3”. This will make it easier to create hyperlinks pointing to a file on a web server. Note that variable substitution for the alert_command field will continue to substitute with the relative path to allow external scripts and programs to find the file.
  • Native support for uploading MP3 files to a web server via FTP without an external script
  • Added support for Pushover and Pushbullet messaging services
  • Single version of TwoToneDetect for both desktop and Raspberry Pi (use .exe for Windows, .pyc for Linux)
  • Fixed bug with Exclude Times that occurred if times were set but no email addresses entered.

As always, let me know if there are bugs or issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks,

Andy

jhsands

Feed Provider
v70 has been posted to the main program page

As always, let me know if there are bugs or issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks,

Andy

In order to have TwoToneDetect automatically upload mp3 files to a web server, the following fields in the config.cfg file (or the “Edit Config Info” menu on the main TwoToneDetect screen) are used:

upload_ftp_server =
upload_ftp_port =
upload_ftp_username =
upload_ftp_password =
upload_file_prefix =

I have to upload my mp3 files to /web/push.example.com/public_html/pushfiles/

Luckily, I am able to create an account that forces it to that directory but please make it a feature request to add an FTP upload folder like in the redundant file!

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Two questions on Pushbullet...

First, can you send a twotone to 2 different channels and if so, is it as easy as putting them both down with a comma between them?

Second, is there a way you can have Pushbullet delete files after x number of days to avoid hitting 2 GB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 - I don't think this would work. Feel free to try, but I don't believe the current codebase would support 2 channels for a single Tone Set. Note that there are separate channels for text-only (pre-recording) and audio (post-recording) notifications for the same Tone Set, but I think you're asking about sending to multiple channels for the exact same event.
#2 - I tried to find a way to delete old files but wasn't able to. I emailed Pushbullet support but never received a response.

Let me know if the Pushbullet support works for you. I've had reports of errors related to SSL certificates that I may need to debug and issue an update for.

Andy

ajalbarano

#1 - I don't think this would work. Feel free to try, but I don't believe the current codebase would support 2 channels for a single Tone Set. Note that there are separate channels for text-only (pre-recording) and audio (post-recording) notifications for the same Tone Set, but I think you're asking about sending to multiple channels for the exact same event.

#2 - I tried to find a way to delete old files but wasn't able to. I emailed Pushbullet support but never received a response.

Let me know if the Pushbullet support works for you. I've had reports of errors related to SSL certificates that I may need to debug and issue an update for.

Andy

I initially got an error. Where you have channel name, it wants the hashtag. So I put in the hashtag of the channel where you have it to put in channel name, and it worked!

ajalbarano

Andy

Also, if you go to your pushbullet account on a desktop, click account, settings, then push history, you can clear all push history, clearing all twotonedetect recordings

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I initially got an error. Where you have channel name, it wants the hashtag. So I put in the hashtag of the channel where you have it to put in channel name, and it worked!

What was the original error that you got?

Andy

ajalbarano

What was the original error that you got?

Andy

Also there is a couple minor things. Like it says the “[description] page received”. It ends there. It doesn’t finish it by “at [time]. When I messed with the body, it only changed the upload to Twitter, it did not apply to pushbullet. I cant seem to be able to modify that. And I have the body at default again. If you want to see one of my stations postings, go here: https://www.pushbullet.com/channel?tag=freedomtwp

The end there, “freedomtwp” is what it wants in the channel name field. Not the actual name of the channel.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Also there is a couple minor things. Like it says the “[description] page received”. It ends there. It doesn’t finish it by “at [time]. When I messed with the body, it only changed the upload to Twitter, it did not apply to pushbullet.

I didn't put the time in since Pushbullet timestamps each message anyway. I can add that back in if desired.

I also wasn't sure if people would want to have the same body in an email as in the push notification, so I limited it to the tone description for now. I can change them to be the same if that's what people prefer. I don't want to have separate fields for the body of each type of message though, that will start to get unwieldy...it's already to the point that there are so many settings that it's a bit confusing for new users.

Andy

ajalbarano

I didn't put the time in since Pushbullet timestamps each message anyway. I can add that back in if desired.

I also wasn't sure if people would want to have the same body in an email as in the push notification, so I limited it to the tone description for now. I can change them to be the same if that's what people prefer. I don't want to have separate fields for the body of each type of message though, that will start to get unwieldy...it's already to the point that there are so many settings that it's a bit confusing for new users.

Andy

Andy,

Oh ok. No that’s fine. Just didn’t know if you were aware.

I am starting to have issues now tho. Ones that worked fine are no longer working at random and the error msg is the same every time. It’s the same one I posted above about a channel name not having that channel tag, yet when I look, it still shows the tag it had when it worked last and matches the tag I put next to channel name in ttd for that tone. Any idea why this would happen, where it works and then doesn’t all the sudden. And it’s happening with single Dispatches, so it’s not like the stacked pages are screwing it up. Please help! Thanks! AJ

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Andy,

Oh ok. No that’s fine. Just didn’t know if you were aware.

I am starting to have issues now tho. Ones that worked fine are no longer working at random and the error msg is the same every time. It’s the same one I posted above about a channel name not having that channel tag, yet when I look, it still shows the tag it had when it worked last and matches the tag I put next to channel name in ttd for that tone. Any idea why this would happen, where it works and then doesn’t all the sudden. And it’s happening with single Dispatches, so it’s not like the stacked pages are screwing it up. Please help! Thanks! AJ

Hmmm...No, I haven't seen that before. I've been running Pushbullet notifications from a Pi for a month or two now with no issues. Keep me posted.

Andy

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Is Pushover Working?

Interested in getting feedback from anyone who is using v70 with Pushover, particularly on Windows. I've had one user getting SSL errors that I haven't been able to reproduce, and wondering if it's widespread or not.

Thanks,

Andy

ajalbarano

Hmmm...No, I haven't seen that before. I've been running Pushbullet notifications from a Pi for a month or two now with no issues. Keep me posted.

Andy

I’m not using A Pi and am running the newest version of windows. I don’t know if that makes you think of any possible solutions. It really has me baffled being that it all worked fine this past week. Now it seems random as to if it is going to work right or not. One thing I noticed is that if I open the tones file, it put several lines of spacing before the pushbullet coding within every tone.