titothefixer

Premium Subscriber
On the Recorder tab, the Next button doesn't seem to do anything. Also, is there any way to automatically play a list of recordings, instead of having to click on each file and play it individually?

Hold the shift button and click on each one or click and drag your mouse over each line. That will highlight them all. The next button will work then also.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I seem to be having a problem with entering the Longitude numbers, I keep seeing a error message. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks Brian

The values from RRDB are in Decimal Degrees and not DMS (Degrees Minutes Seconds) format. Go to the General Settings tab and look for GPS Position Format. Change it to DEG. Now you should be able to enter in the values from RR

mikev10

Feed Provider
I have a remote XTL Mobile set up in another state and use Proscan's "Remote Scanner over IP" to stream its audio back to me. The host is running Windows 10 Home. It has run smoothly for at least a year but lately I'm being hounded by disconnects and Proscan throws the (Error Code 9). If I reboot the host and start it all up again it works great a day or so and I'm hammered by it again. I thought it may have something to do with Windows 10 Updates. I thought I noticed that when updates were ready to install that would require reboots I would get the errors. I'm not so sure of this now as I have installed all the updates and it still is happening. I have an additional XTL setup with a 2nd Proscan broadcasting at the location and have had no problems at all with that PC which also is running Windows 10 Home. That particular PC has Windows 10 updates disabled. Any ideas appreciated.

I was running Proscan 11.7 on both ends when the problem began so I updated to the latest version but didn't seem to help. After a reboot it can run constant sometimes up to 12 hours before the error shows up. I usually don't listen to this feed 24/7. The other one I do stream 24/7 and it runs fine, never seen a code 9 from that one.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a remote XTL Mobile set up in another state and use Proscan's "Remote Scanner over IP" to stream its audio back to me. The host is running Windows 10 Home. It has run smoothly for at least a year but lately I'm being hounded by disconnects and Proscan throws the (Error Code 9). If I reboot the host and start it all up again it works great a day or so and I'm hammered by it again. I thought it may have something to do with Windows 10 Updates. I thought I noticed that when updates were ready to install that would require reboots I would get the errors. I'm not so sure of this now as I have installed all the updates and it still is happening. I have an additional XTL setup with a 2nd Proscan broadcasting at the location and have had no problems at all with that PC which also is running Windows 10 Home. That particular PC has Windows 10 updates disabled. Any ideas appreciated.

I was running Proscan 11.7 on both ends when the problem began so I updated to the latest version but didn't seem to help. After a reboot it can run constant sometimes up to 12 hours before the error shows up. I usually don't listen to this feed 24/7. The other one I do stream 24/7 and it runs fine, never seen a code 9 from that one.

Try to determine if the problem is on the server or client side by seeing if any other client stays connected to a server. See if the client stays connected to other servers.

If running AVG ant-virus software, disable that as that will interrupt TCP traffic. It could be anything such as cables, NIC, router ports

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There appears to be a bug in the way Location rectangles show longitude in the Google Maps pop-up window.

If you look at the Location rectangles for Amateur Radio USA, the rectangles for the continental USA and Alaska enclose everything except the continental USA and Alaska. It appears that the upper left and bottom right longitude values are getting transposed somewhwere between the rectangle coordinate grid in the Favorites Editor and the display in the Google Maps window.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Here are the data values being incorrectly displayed:

[Alaska]
72.000000 -170.500000 51.000000 -141.000000

[Continental USA]
49.000000 -131.000000 25.000000 -66.750000

In both cases, the bounding boxes are drawn as if the longitude values (2nd and 4th values) are reversed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There appears to be a bug in the way Location rectangles show longitude in the Google Maps pop-up window.

If you look at the Location rectangles for Amateur Radio USA, the rectangles for the continental USA and Alaska enclose everything except the continental USA and Alaska. It appears that the upper left and bottom right longitude values are getting transposed somewhwere between the rectangle coordinate grid in the Favorites Editor and the display in the Google Maps window.

This is fixed. Email me for the latest and greatest.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
One other minor bug:
On the Recorder tab grid, I dragged the columns so that start date, duration, and file name are the first columns starting from the left. When ProScan restarts, it always reorders the columns as start date, file name, and duration. This is with the 12.7 you sent me.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Not sure if this is a bug or user error:
At one point, there was a transmission timeout setting that I set to 60 seconds, so that after 60 seconds the scanner resumed scanning even if the transmission was still in progress (to prevent the scanner from hanging on unrecognized control channels and suchlike). I want to change that to 5 minutes, but the setting UI seems to have disappeared, and I can't find any reference to it in the manual. It's independent of the max record time setting; the scanner resumes scanning after 60 seconds regardless of the max record time setting, and regardless of whether recording is enabled.

I was using a 436 with ProScan when I set the setting, and am using a 536 now, if that makes any difference.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
One other minor bug:
On the Recorder tab grid, I dragged the columns so that start date, duration, and file name are the first columns starting from the left. When ProScan restarts, it always reorders the columns as start date, file name, and duration. This is with the 12.7 you sent me.

I'll look at this before the next release.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is a bug or user error:
At one point, there was a transmission timeout setting that I set to 60 seconds, so that after 60 seconds the scanner resumed scanning even if the transmission was still in progress (to prevent the scanner from hanging on unrecognized control channels and suchlike). I want to change that to 5 minutes, but the setting UI seems to have disappeared, and I can't find any reference to it in the manual. It's independent of the max record time setting; the scanner resumes scanning after 60 seconds regardless of the max record time setting, and regardless of whether recording is enabled.

I was using a 436 with ProScan when I set the setting, and am using a 536 now, if that makes any difference.

Are you talking about the Resume Scan/Search in the upper right corner? If so, what disappeared? Just the 5 min. option or the box with the Frequency, Tune, Jump? Did you try clicking the minimize/maximize White box upper right corner of the bigger box to bring it back in view?

I'm not sure about what you are saying about the Max. Recording Time and Recorder enabled. You are correct, these options are independent of the Resume Scan/Search function.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Are you talking about the Resume Scan/Search in the upper right corner? If so, what disappeared? Just the 5 min. option or the box with the Frequency, Tune, Jump?

All of that. None of that is visible anywhere when BCD536HP is selected as the scanner type.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's a checkbox in the Options dialog that got unchecked. After checking the box and then clicking the tuning dialog a few times I got the option to show up.

Last edited: