BCD536HP programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Conventional = not trunked.

I note from the dB that that same frequency is listed as analog. Are you sure they are transmitting digital?
Ellis County S.O. Channel 2 has been digital only for a while. I have heard no analog transmissions on it for quite some time. It's P25 conventional digital, and the NAC code in the database, 342, is correct.
I don't know. On a regular scanner all I hear is white noise when they transmit. On the 536 I don't hear anything.
That 'white noise' you're hearing is a digital transmission on a channel set as analog. Update the Sentinel database to get the correct settings and write that to the scanner (it sounds like you are not using a Favorites list, just location & main database).

If you've you've updated Sentinel, and sent that to the scanner, you did not correct the existing Favorites list to make it digital. Either re-append from the main database, or manually edit it.

tatersalad24

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure ECSO is digital. I haven't been able to hear them for a while on the "old" scanner. I'm a police officer for Ennis and a year of two ago our radio guy said that Ellis Co ch 2 went digital a while back, but at the time I hadn't considered inquiring about how to monitor them. From listening to the transmissions, I believe Ferris PD dispatch has converted to digital? (someone please look) If that's the case, I have them in my favorite list and can hear them well. Which is confusing because if Ferris is digital and in the same favorite list, I should be able to hear ECSO as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.