AOR AR-DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deboradio

I believe there are some video signals that need special receivers and directional antennas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
With all this talk about receiving over 3gHz, is there even anything to LISTEN to above 1.3gHz?? :)

Yes...but one man's interest is not another's. For some police and fire are on the low level of interest. Above, 1.3 GHz, satellite stuff for one thing; but the right antennas are needed besides the interest.

Deboradio

Got a couple of channels showing 75% activity bar display on P25 and the appropriate NAC code is displayed when I enter the NAC code nothing happens, is it an antenna issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber

N0JRD

Premium Subscriber
Which version of the new 1801A firmware release is everyone using? It says for USA customers to email them and I'm still waiting on a response from AOR.

F5HPE

As far as i know, the version of 1801A dépends on the hardware which is linked to the serial number of your DV1.
Even is you are US or not it seems to be the same release as the DV1 is flashed accoring the final destination.

F5HPE

from AOR web site:

There are two different files to accommodate two different PCB board versions (features & performance are the same).

For receivers with serial numbers 09523001 and higher, use the firmware with the extension .DV2
For receivers with serial numbers below 09523001, use the firmware with the extension .DV1
For USA customers with serial numbers starting with 09560xxx kindly ask to info@aorusa.com which firmware extension you should use.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
from AOR web site:

There are two different files to accommodate two different PCB board versions (features & performance are the same).

For receivers with serial numbers 09523001 and higher, use the firmware with the extension .DV2
For receivers with serial numbers below 09523001, use the firmware with the extension .DV1
For USA customers with serial numbers starting with 09560xxx kindly ask to info@aorusa.com which firmware extension you should use.

Could you please explain about 09560xxx serial numbers is there something special about them ?

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
from AOR web site:

Mine is an unblocked version 09520XXX. Which do I use? Could the 09560XXX be a typo and should be 09520XXX?

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Mine is an unblocked version 09520XXX. Which do I use? Could the 09560XXX be a typo and should be 09520XXX?

No, I have one that is a 09560XXX so those do exist. They told me for it to use DV1 and if that does not work, try DV2. "F the DV1 does not recognize then DV2 can be used." But I have yet to do anything (hernia surgery recovery prevents me from currently do it).

aj4g

Amateur Radio
Premium Subscriber
Aor dv1 firmware problem

Anyone ever hear of a software firmware upgrade to the aor dv1 causing a voltage regulator to go bad?

I done a firmware upgrade to mine and it more or less bricked it, sent it to aor repair and they said they
replaced a voltage regulator and it was caused by "static electricity during firmware process".

Anyone got any comments on this?

Ralph

woodpecker

Anyone ever hear of a software firmware upgrade to the aor dv1 causing a voltage regulator to go bad?

I done a firmware upgrade to mine and it more or less bricked it, sent it to aor repair and they said they
replaced a voltage regulator and it was caused by "static electricity during firmware process".

Anyone got any comments on this?

Ralph

Sounds like nonsense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.