• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Priority Talkgroup Functionality on G4/G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Hi All.

I have a G5 and have a channel setup with about 40 TG's. Of that 40, I would like to have one set as priority. I see the "Priority Talk Group ID" option in the channel settings. But that means I'm prioritizing all channels based on the order in the list. Highest on the list = highest priority. But... I only want the one channel prioritized and all remaining channels treated equal. Is that possible?

Thanks.

GordieJ

Similar issue as WaveJam: I have a list of TGs assigned to single knob position, however, I'm still hearing EVERY TALK GROUP using the P25 trunking system. I've even tried assigning a single TG to a knob position. Same result.

If it is not possible to monitor just one TG, or list..., then I just purchased a very expensive paperweight

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Similar issue as WaveJam: I have a list of TGs assigned to single knob position, however, I'm still hearing EVERY TALK GROUP using the P25 trunking system. I've even tried assigning a single TG to a knob position. Same result.

If it is not possible to monitor just one TG, or list..., then I just purchased a very expensive paperweight

In the Zone and Channel settings make sure you have the "Receiving Mode" set to TG-Scan and not TG-Monitor. I think thats the one you need. Could be wrong..

I can at least assure you that mine only scans the TG's I want, so I know its possible.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I also have one TG in one knob position it is a Harris P-25 system and I only hear that one group.
Like He said be sure TG scan, it does work.

In the Zone and Channel settings make sure you have the "Receiving Mode" set to TG-Scan and not TG-Monitor. I think thats the one you need. Could be wrong..

I can at least assure you that mine only scans the TG's I want, so I know its possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

GordieJ

Thank you very, very, very, (you get the point) MUCH for your input. Changing from "TG Monitor" to "TG Scan" did the trick. I've been programming scanners for 10+ years, but, without your insight, would have never thought "scan" actually means "monitor" a single TG on a pager. Go figure.

Last edited:

WaveJam

Feed Provider
Thank you very, very, very, (you get the point) MUCH for your input. Changing from "TG Monitor" to "TG Scan" did the trick. I've been programming scanners for 10+ years, but, without your insight, would have never thought "scan" actually means "monitor" a single TG on a pager. Go figure.

Good. Glad it worked. Yeah, the PPS is a nice interface but I disagree with some of the wording they used. I think the choice for this setting should be “TG-Scan” to scan the selected TGs, and “TG-Search” to find and pick up all TGs. Monitor and Scan seem too similar to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.