Uniden BCD536HP Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatersalad24

Premium Subscriber
In reference to the below instructions from RR, how do I set my scanner to record so I can use the "REC" output on my radio feed? I have a BCD536HP

"Uniden scanners must be programmed properly so that each channel is set to Record = ON to allow audio to flow to the Rec or Tape Out jack. If you skip this step, the feed will not get audio from the scanner on those channels.

Newer Uniden scanners label the line output “Rec” (for Record out) and is located on the rear of the radio and is color coded green. The Record output needs to be turned ON via the software to activate it for use"

ramblin82

I'm positive that the BCD536HP that I got rid of had no line level out/record, instead it recorded to the SD card. I wish they had included a line level out though.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In reference to the below instructions from RR, how do I set my scanner to record so I can use the "REC" output on my radio feed? I have a BCD536HP

"Uniden scanners must be programmed properly so that each channel is set to Record = ON to allow audio to flow to the Rec or Tape Out jack. If you skip this step, the feed will not get audio from the scanner on those channels.

Newer Uniden scanners label the line output “Rec” (for Record out) and is located on the rear of the radio and is color coded green. The Record output needs to be turned ON via the software to activate it for use"

The BCD536HP doesn't have a REC or Tape Out jack. Just a Ext. Speaker and headphone jacks.

Where do you see those instructions?

When you mean by "radio feed"

ramblin82

Are you sure you don't have a BCD996XT or BCD996P2 scanner? I'm certain the BCD536HP does not have a line out/tape record jack.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. You must have one that has been custom modified. While the BCD996X/XT/P2 have such a jack, no BCD536HP's leave the factory with one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
My 536 certainly doesn't have a Line Out or Rec Out jack. And the x36 scanners don't have the option for enabling individual channels for recording. It's either all or nothing.

If you want to record to an external device with a 536, by far the best method is to use the Wi-Fi output to feed digital audio to ProScan, and then let ProScan record the digital audio directly to your computer. You get better audio quality and avoid ground loop issues.

marksmith

Those instructions are for an xt or p2 model. 536 does not need each channel set to record and has no jack. 536 records anything it scans.

Those instructions are correct for a 996xt, or a 996p2 radio. Don’t even come close to relating to a 536.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

tatersalad24

Premium Subscriber
You're right. It doesn't have a REC jack. I had the scanner mounted in a rack and it was dark when I was looking at it. Sorry

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In line with jonwienke and NYRHKY94 advise, using the Wi-Fi audio is the best quality due to no copper interfacing that can cause AC hum, noise pickup, over driving the sound input, no intermittent connections, A/D conversion handled beginning of path verses end of path, etc.

It sounds like you are streaming to Broadcastify and not recording. In that case, my RadioFeed will be the ideal solution as it interfaces to the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and RadioFeed supports the BCD536HP text tags.

MY2SONS

Premium Subscriber
can i use the record jack on back of a bct 15x to get the internal and a external speaker to work at the same time, seems when you plug into ext speaker jack Uniden told me internal speaker shuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.