Pro-96: Pro 96 Not powering up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvblax

Feed Provider
Hi, I am baffled with this one. I have a Pro-96 that will not power up anymore. I am very careful with my electronics (not dropped, etc).

I have tried powering it with 2 different wall plugs, with batteries installed, batteries removed, and with only the battery pack (no wall plug) and get the same results (not powering up).

I have taken it apart to look for anything obvious, and to check to make sure it is getting power, which it is.
However this is where I am not well versed in electronics. I have checked multiple points on the board, getting various results and am not quite sure what I should be looking for.

Does anyone have a schematic, or a downloadable service manual for the Pro-96? Or has anyone ever had this problem? I don't want to scrap this scanner, it has always been a great scanner.

I have tried searching for this problem, but haven't found many useful replies to previous similar questions.

Thanks in advance,
Kyle

ScannerSK

In the manual (page 108) mention is made of pressing the reset button on the side of the scanner when it is running with a paperclip or other shart objet. Possibly this is all it requires.

Shawn

kvblax

Feed Provider
Tried the reset button, no change. Checked for a burnt out portion, nothing obvious that I can see, and no odor of "factory smoke". Checked power to the switch, and the switch is getting power when plugged in.

ermin

Tried the reset button, no change. Checked for a burnt out portion, nothing obvious that I can see, and no odor of "factory smoke". Checked power to the switch, and the switch is getting power when plugged in.

Had the same problem. Soldered a small wire accross the two switch pads to bypass it and now it works fine. Just gotta take the batteries out to turn it off.

Ermin

Status
Not open for further replies.