Medical Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus91

I am looking for frequencies for 2 medical Helicopters.

The one is located in jersey county, Jerseyville and it is survival flight 5.

The other is in Greene County, Carrollton and it is air evac lifeteam 146.

And would you be able to hear Missouri hospital's radio transmission back to the Illinois helicopters.

Thank you for any help.

usswood

And would you be able to hear Missouri hospital's radio transmission back to the Illinois helicopters.

Thank you for any help.

Did you check the database for what you needed??

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2748

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Air Evac uses a huge array of ground base repeaters for their transmissions. It kind if works like cell phones. As they fly they change freqs and repeaters. I am sure it is probably easier than that to hear them but I think that is a basic overview.

Not sure how to hear Survival Flight but most of the medical helicopters in the St Louis area (which includes southern IL) go through ARCH helicopters' "air comm"??? I think they use 461.525???

You may be able to hear patient reports on 155.340 (They use it a lot) but due to patient privacy laws cell phone usage is way up.

I hope this helps a bit.

skinnyb82

Thank you for any help.
Are they on Starcom like Life Flight (OSF, up here near Peoria) or traditional UHF/VHF. I don't think you'd be able to hear anything that's on Starcom because of how the towers are set up IIRC pointing away from the Mississippi so anything across the river is gonna be spotty at best. May have to go back to UHF or VHF when inbound or outbound. I know my local hospitals have specific frequencies for their helos.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

shortbus91

Are they on Starcom like Life Flight (OSF, up here near Peoria) or traditional UHF/VHF. I don't think you'd be able to hear anything that's on Starcom because of how the towers are set up IIRC pointing away from the Mississippi so anything across the river is gonna be spotty at best. May have to go back to UHF or VHF when inbound or outbound. I know my local hospitals have specific frequencies for their helos.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Survival flight 5 and Arch that cover the Jerseyville Illinois area. It is Jersey County near Madison County in Illinois unfortunately they're not on starcom I tried to look it up the FCC license for survival flight 5 located in Jerseyville Illinois but I'm having a hard time locating the license I figured if I can find the license

Status
Not open for further replies.