NXDN Support for ARC536PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I did a test download of a system I'm familiar with and that's correct. However, in looking at the RRDB information, the RAN wasn't included.

On the two NXDN systems I can hear around here, the RAN is the same as the site number. I don't know if that's how the all work, but that's how those two sites work.

I have tried to find the correct ARC536 page to get ver 2.1, but have not found it so far. Can you help with a URL, or some other directions? Thanks.

GROL

I have tried to find the correct ARC536 page to get ver 2.1, but have not found it so far. Can you help with a URL, or some other directions? Thanks.

I found it. My browser kept loading a cached page instead of a new one.

racingfan360

Gommert,

Thanks for the latest ARC536 version:

1. When programming a conventional channel, is there a way of replicating the Edit Current Channel > Edit Audio Type > Digital Only functionality please? It seems setting SQ Mode as DMR/RAN/IDAS will default back to ALL (ie Digital & Analogue) when SQ Code is blank (ie search)....it would be better if it defaulted to Digital Only.

2. As above, setting SQ Mode as DMR and selecting SQ code as Search will save as P25.

3. Copy and Paste of a single row in Conventional will throw up a "15" error. It works but the error occurs each time.

TIA.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Latest is 2.1 build 3 and now supports importing RAN and fixed misc. small bugs related to NXDN as reported. Thanks all for the feedback.

There are no plans to change the SQ Mode/Code programming. If you leave SQ Code blank the software will set All/Search by default.
Digital search mode is stored by the scanner as P25 mode.

Gommert
Butel Software

racingfan360

Latest is 2.1 build 3 and now supports importing RAN and fixed misc. small bugs related to NXDN as reported. Thanks all for the feedback.
There are no plans to change the SQ Mode/Code programming. If you leave SQ Code blank the software will set All/Search by default.
Digital search mode is stored by the scanner as P25 mode.
Gommert
Butel Software

Thanks for the rapid fixes. I can confirm no further instances of the copy and paste "15" error seen so far, and the SQ Mode=digital + Search = Digital only search is a big help. The P25 mode indicator in ARC536 is a little confusing at first, but worth it given the the ability to program channels now digital-only.

It's just a pity Uniden didn't implement the ability to do digital-only searching.....

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm using ARC536 Basic 2.1 Build 3 and I'm having two issues:

1. It's definitely importing the RANs now, but the sites only bring in the control channels on a NDXN system. I'm seeing this both on the Self Radio NEXEDGE system, and the Dallas Cowboys system.

2. When I import a system from RR like the Self Radio system above that does not have any departments listed in the DB, I am unable to add a new department in ARC. Whether I click on the "Depar." button, or try to add one from the File>Add>New Department, I get a message saying "Can't Add Department. Please add a new system or select existing system."
I should note that this happens when I've selected the system name in the Favorite Browser.

Thanks for your hard work, Grommert.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I'm using ARC536 Basic 2.1 Build 3 and I'm having two issues:

1. It's definitely importing the RANs now, but the sites only bring in the control channels on a NDXN system. I'm seeing this both on the Self Radio NEXEDGE system, and the Dallas Cowboys system.

2. When I import a system from RR like the Self Radio system above that does not have any departments listed in the DB, I am unable to add a new department in ARC. Whether I click on the "Depar." button, or try to add one from the File>Add>New Department, I get a message saying "Can't Add Department. Please add a new system or select existing system."
I should note that this happens when I've selected the system name in the Favorite Browser.

Thanks for your hard work, Grommert.

If yournselect 'import all CC' you should see all the frequencies. I will change this for nxdn type systems so all channels are imported by default.
Since there are no talkgroups the software is not adding a default department, I will change that in next build.

Gommert
Butel Software

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
When I Import Florida Fleet Talk NXDN Data from the RRDB, The software imports some of the RAN numbers as same as the site number and some of the RAN numbers as 99. Is there a reason for this? I have to change them before writing to scanner.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
When I Import Florida Fleet Talk NXDN Data from the RRDB, The software imports some of the RAN numbers as same as the site number and some of the RAN numbers as 99. Is there a reason for this? I have to change them before writing to scanner.

there is a discussion about it, 99 is a placeholder, RAN codes only go to 63
just set it to any or search

racingfan360

Butel Software

Gommert,

There was an alpha/numeric autosort function for conventional Departments in several versions up to and including 2.1 Build 1 (possibly later). This has disappeared in Build 4. Can it be re-instated please?
Thanks.

racingfan360

Please check build 5
Butel Software

Gommert,

A further bug in Build 5 to look at please....

When programming a conventional NXDN channel, if you set a channel with SQ Code=RAN & SQ Code = a RAN number that also happens to be a valid DCS code (eg 23, 26, 31 etc) then the channel resets to being an analogue channel with a DCS code (eg NXDN RAN 23 swaps over to being Analogue DCS 023).

Status
Not open for further replies.