Admin input would be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
hello,

I understand the need to reduce duplicate feeds and I appreciate that. My question is this... the law enforcement feed for Waukesha County Wisconsin is terrible. It is all static and had been this way for months, if not, years. I am pondering building the same feed but am willing to make it not be terrible. How do I make this known to the mods that I want this to be a feed but am willing to make it better than the current one?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
hello,

I understand the need to reduce duplicate feeds and I appreciate that. My question is this... the law enforcement feed for Waukesha County Wisconsin is terrible. It is all static and had been this way for months, if not, years. I am pondering building the same feed but am willing to make it not be terrible. How do I make this known to the mods that I want this to be a feed but am willing to make it better than the current one?
Have you sent a comment to the feed provider? They might be unaware of the problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

richtidd

Database Admin
hello,

You can apply for the same feed.

State the issue with the existing feed & we will look into it by sending the existing feed owner an email outlining the issue & that someone wants to take over their feed if they do not fix it.

We need to give the existing feed owner a chance to fix their feed first.

Please include a complete list of all agencies that will be on the feed is you do apply.

mkescan

In case you don't know. Waukesha County Public Safety will be migrating over to the new Digital system, some are saying within the next few weeks. Of course Analog would still be up for a while too.

Tim

Feed Provider
Have you sent a comment to the feed provider? They might be unaware of the problem.

Sent using Tapatalk

Greetings...

Unfortunately, I am well aware of the static issues. The problem is that I live in the southeastern part of Milwaukee County. For whatever reason, some of the frequencies in the system come in really good, while others really suck. I've tried moving the radio in a several places/positions but nothing seems to fix it.

The main reason I provided this feed was there was no one else providing one for Waukesha County. I figured some static was better than no feed at all. I am not exactly sure what is going to happen when they switch to the digital system. I figured I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Not to sound too mean spirited, but I wouldn't worry about having a duplicate feed as there are several feeds that are broadcasting the same radio traffic for Wisconsin (Just labeled differently). Rock, Price & Bayfield counties are just a few examples of this.

Tim

70cutlass442

Premium Subscriber
Greetings...

Unfortunately, I am well aware of the static issues. The problem is that I live in the southeastern part of Milwaukee County. For whatever reason, some of the frequencies in the system come in really good, while others really suck. I've tried moving the radio in a several places/positions but nothing seems to fix it.

The main reason I provided this feed was there was no one else providing one for Waukesha County. I figured some static was better than no feed at all. I am not exactly sure what is going to happen when they switch to the digital system. I figured I'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Not to sound too mean spirited, but I wouldn't worry about having a duplicate feed as there are several feeds that are broadcasting the same radio traffic for Wisconsin (Just labeled differently). Rock, Price & Bayfield counties are just a few examples of this.

Tim

Could I offer any assistance, perhaps parts to help make your feed better? you have done most of the work and allocated parts to the feed already, would be happy to assist to make better!

Status
Not open for further replies.