Do Philly TV Media News Choppers Cover Atl City Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Just a curious question. Do the news/traffic choppers out of Philadelphia cover the Atlantic City area too, or do they typically just fly over the Camden/Burlington County area? Would it be a waste of time programming those frequencies in my scanner while down in Atl City?

Analogrules

I'd imagine the helicopters do...just like they do in the NYC/north jersey area. I listen to them often. Great way to hear traffic report before the TV reports it. The Philly area media choppers are listed under Business in the DB under the Philly page.

Last edited by a moderator:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
They could certainly end up over that way. The choppers will go up to the Lehigh Valley, down to Delaware, and around S Jersey. You're not usually going to hear much chatter about traffic. Most of the chit chat is sending coordinates for locations to visit and then coordination of the live shots that are going to air on TV (microwave links, shot angles, etc).

ampulman

They could certainly end up over that way. The choppers will go up to the Lehigh Valley, down to Delaware, and around S Jersey. You're not usually going to hear much chatter about traffic. Most of the chit chat is sending coordinates for locations to visit and then coordination of the live shots that are going to air on TV (microwave links, shot angles, etc).

True. When I monitor the helo frequencies and hear something of interest, I'll check out the coordinates on Google Earth to check out the scene.

Amp

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
About the only time I see them down here is a beach fly over on a major weekend. If there is a large fire that is an extended operation, then they might have time to hit it. With everyone sending cell phone videos to the tv station not the demand that there used to be. Still, it wont hurt to put in your scanner and report your findings.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
You might make out better if you also put the inputs in to monitor those. That way, you may hear the helo itself even if you cannot hear the repeater from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.