SDS100 Unboxing Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

mule1075

Feed Provider
It looks like Bearcat Warehouse have them the SDS100 in stock and ready to ship? The website has them listed at $674.99.

https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/scanners/uniden-sds100-digital-police-scanner
Go to the bottom of the listing. Not available yet.
57ac11312fe240975b2d156e17def465.jpg

karldotcom

LOL. That is YouTube nation. Creating unboxing videos to generate clicks and ad views...most of those people return the same items after the post the video! That is why Amazon started cracking down on frequent returners.

Disclaimer. No offense to Paul, in generic terms only
I was always perplexed what all this "unboxing" videos doing on YouTube. There are thousands of them,
Do you really need to show the world how you just opened courier parcel, i know that I am not semi retarded, and WOW look that what we got. Crap, what you got is what you ordered moron. Don't be that surprised, don't pretend yes it have the box, batteries, some sort of switch etc etc. Do we need to see that ? NO. Show us what this contraption can do for me and how good is it YESSS please, but unboxing NAHHH,
pathetic stuff.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You only have to worry about that if you buy it, which looks doubtful. No charge while in use, membrane keyboard, too many deal breakers.

The SDS-100 can be charged while on and in use. The early beta units could not, but the final production models can.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
You make a good point. Less warranty returns and possible problems down the road with sticky keys.

A touch screen in replacement of a standard keypad may have accomplished the same thing. In fact, were a touch sensitive screen used for the entire display, the need for a keypad would have been minimized. And yes, I have an idea of what that would have done to the final price.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Still shows the same on the bottom of the Web page. I will be waiting until I see it officially got fcc approval before I buy.

Wise choice!

Nope, not available yet. Their "in stock" claim is bogus and likely an oversight...or bad business. I'd avoid.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You're welcome. Figured going to the horse's mouth would save time and confusion.

CanesFan95

Is the programming software available online yet, or is that on hold until FCC approves the scanner?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Sentinel you already have will work, except for the custom screen stuff only applicable to the SDS-100.

racin06

I spoke to Bearcat Warehouse today and they indicated that they are waiting for their first SDS100 shipment, which should arrive in a "couple of days."

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I spoke to Bearcat Warehouse today and they indicated that they are waiting for their first SDS100 shipment, which should arrive in a "couple of days."

Wishful thinking... :wink:

Translation: their "couple of days" must be different than mine because I consider a couple of a days to be around 48 hours. It likely won't have FCC approval within 48 hours of now...might, but likely won't.

I know BW has been around awhile but they sure are sounding like a seedy company...

scosgt

A touch screen in replacement of a standard keypad may have accomplished the same thing. In fact, were a touch sensitive screen used for the entire display, the need for a keypad would have been minimized. And yes, I have an idea of what that would have done to the final price.

Phones, watches and the HP series have touch screens. Does not seem like a gigantic cost issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.