Comm of Mass New P25 Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

divison200

P-25

It depends on what you want to listen to. Troop B of the Mass State Police is the only Troop using the P25 system along with some statewide traffic All other troops are using the Motorola II Smartzone system.

Massport and City of Cambridge are using the P25 system. Also the City of Boston is on P25 system for some of their radio traffic

Chas486

Feed Provider
Comm Mass Frequencies

Thanks for the replies.

When I try to import the channels via the program, the only one that shows up is the State Police Motorola Type II channels. I was wondering if for some reason, the website was blocking the Comm P25 channels. I listen to Troop B as I grew up in Plymouth and frequent the Cape. I will ask my software provider why this is an issue.

cg

Premium Subscriber
You do know that Troop B is Western MA? If you are looking for Plymouth and the Cape by scanning Troop B you will not hear anything.
Massachusetts State Police Troop Boundaries
For the most up to date, just imagine this map without the Troop E (Mass Pike) printed on it as it was recently disbanded.

chris

Chas486

Feed Provider
Yeah, my mistake, meant to type D, but had a brain fart. I still don't get much on the Moto Type II channels and thought that adding the Comm channels would assist me in hearing something. I come across the Pike from 84 in CT, but don't hear anything until I get to Plymouth area.

ecps92

The P25 700/800 system won't get you much MSP, unless out in B-Troop [Western Mass]

For the rest of the state, it is an Analog TRS
C-Troop use Zone/Site 8
A/H Troop use Zone/Site 5
D Troop use Zone/Site 3 for the mainland and Zone/Sites 4 & 6 when on the Cape

You may need [depending on your exact location at the time] to try one of the Intil-Site/Zones, but not all traffic is/would be carried on them as they are fill-in sites and traffic will vary depending on a radio affiliating with the site and then it would also need to be approved

Sounds like you may not have ..
a. Zone 8 and 5 enabled
b. The correct CC's for Zone 8 and/or Zone 5
Yeah, my mistake, meant to type D, but had a brain fart. I still don't get much on the Moto Type II channels and thought that adding the Comm channels would assist me in hearing something. I come across the Pike from 84 in CT, but don't hear anything until I get to Plymouth area.

Status
Not open for further replies.