No signal on Palmetto 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireshaper

A listener commented on my feed tonight that even though it is saying it's scanning there's no audio. So I checked the scanner (we've had a few power outages recently) and it's not getting any signal at all where it's normally a pretty strong one. I carried the radio around the house (it's a BCD-996xt) and tried a few different places but couldn't get anything out of it.

So I switched to the SDR dongles to see if SDR# came up with anything in the frequency range for my area. I'm in the Augusta, GA area and usually I can set to the primary frequency and hear things pretty well (855.4375) but I'm getting very low signal strength even from the SDR dongle. Usually I get really high spikes when there's chatter on a frequency but I'm getting nothing at all. I can pick up radio stations really well but the police frequencies are just about silent.

My first thought was that maybe they have a repeater out. I haven't had a chance to ride around with the tablet to test the dongles away from the house but if this continues I'll do that tomorrow afternoon. Any ideas?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Power outages? Has the weather been rough? It could have taken out a tower or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.