Broadcastify and itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

Good evening everyone. I have a whole bunch of Boradcastify feeds saved into my I-Tunes. It looks like I need to update the URLs. When I try to update the URL the new link l will come into my I-Tunes but will not play once it is in my I-Tunes. When I use the default player it is fine. Can somebody tell me what is going on here? I have a friend that will be able to help me figuring this out but sadly I haven't spoken to him in six months. The next day I can work on this project is either tomorrow or later Wednesday evening. I am using Chrome to re-download these.

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Broadcastify has been forced to make a change to the platform because unscrupulous mobile app developers have been stealing from the platform; simply saving a URL/bookmark to the browser-based player will no longer work. Details -

https://forums.radioreference.com/broadcastify-administration/368387-feed-urls-changing-admin-input-please.html#post2914361

That being said, a feed can still be accessed from the main feed page, and they can still be accessed using Broadcastify's own app or other apps licensed by Broadcastify.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
I just want to play our feed in iTunes... Why not allow that?
I may just cancel the feed.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
That would be nice but since you changed something without telling us it never works! Took a loooong tiime to figure it out as I assumed it was my iMac etc.

Please reconsider and put it back as it was and or fix the iTunes issue as it DOES NOT WORK anymore.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
iTunes works fine as a media player for Broadcastify. I just tested it and it works perfectly.

If you aren't following the process that I described above, then I don't think we can help you further on the issue. I've tried to help... but if you can't follow the process I outlined I'm not sure what else to tell you.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
It does not work! I have tried and followed your instructions. I did, they are not that complicated so dont insult me! You are a CEO? You act like a 2 year old!

Choose "iTunes" as your player
Click the play button.

smfeather

Links

Broadcastify (without any notice to it's loyal users), changed the way their system worked. The links to the feeds randomly change several times throughout the day so that the bookmarks or links are worthless. If you want itunes to play that particular feed, you need to re-download the link to it every time (as described above).

I understand that Broadcastify wants to end the practice of unauthorized app development, but the implementation and communication was poor. Instead of implementing back-end strategies, Broadcastify just placed the burden on the end-users and forced us to adapt. Broadcastify is obviously out of touch with the methods of it's users operation. Many of us have several feeds that we like to switch between throughout the day and re-downloading links to all of them every few hours is impractical.

As a result, I use the service far far less and will never pay for a premium subscription again. Although I rarely used the premium services, I liked the idea that I was supporting a community of fellow scanner hobbyist. In recent months, Broadcastify staff and admins have demonstrated a serious lack of professionalism and poor implementation of their anti-piracy methods. I will not be renewing my premium subscription (although customer satisfaction seems to be a low priory fort this company).

jlesterca

Feed Provider
I tried and many of our users have tried, it does not play in iTune sas at all, even if you download the link every time.

Yep not paying for premium service here as well! What a stupid and rude decision.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Come On Board

I tried and many of our users have tried, it does not play in iTune sas at all, even if you download the link every time.

Yep not paying for premium service here as well! What a stupid and rude decision.

If you are frustrated with the functions of the online listening, perhaps you might consider buying a digital scanner. Then, you have control over what is heard.

jlesterca

Feed Provider
It is not me personally that is the problem.

We provide the NW Sonoma feed as a public service to the community and had 1125 listeners during the fires last October. Our instructions included using iTunes as your player so most have the useless feed in iTunes...

So sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.