BCD436HP gps port broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstrugs

Feed Provider
I noticed the other day that my BCD436HP mounted in my car lost the gps signal. When I tried to check the plug, a small piece of plastic came out with the plug. Pins aren't broken or bent but no signal from gps puck. Looks like I need to send it in for repair unless someone here has any other ideas.
24bbc663612ec86d1e313c5c6d7a5b3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JamesO

Not an unusual problem. I have a HP1 which had broken plastic in the GPS port when I received it. It worked fine with the Uniden GPS puck but the connection was loose. I purchased a rechargeable GPS module from a member and due to the way the unit detects the scanner, I had some issues and had to tension the cable in a specific manner to get the GPS to turn on, not a problem with the GPS, just a problem with the connector.

I purchased a replacement connector and swapped it out myself, but because it is like surface mount soldering you need to have skills and decent equipment. If you think your solder skills are up to it, you can order a replacement connector like the one in the link below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Hirose-E...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Or consider sending your scanner to jonwienke here in the forum for either repair and/or installation of an internal GPS module which is no more expensive than sending the scanner to Uniden for repair.

I see he just posted above me while I was looking for the GPS connector info.

Bronty

Premium Subscriber
My 2 scanners arrived at Jon’s house today (SDS100 and 436) and I’m getting a rechargeable and cable for my HP-2.

Pictures and reputation precedes him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jeffhochberg

Premium Subscriber
Hello! Neither of those links work for me. I get “URL not found on server”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JamesO

See links in Post #2 above.

The price is typically no more than Unidens fixed repair cost with shipping as I recall.

I think he does the conversions just for beer money!

Status
Not open for further replies.