Status
Not open for further replies.

stingray327

THANK YOU VERY MUCH -kbod9633 (BOB)

Shipping is free
You will get an email when they want you to ship
Click link on email to generate a ups shipping label

Stick label on box drop it off at ups store

I’m getting ready to send my last 2 536’s and last 436 in tomorrow just got label today

It took them about a week to get my 436 in and out about a month ago they are quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that very useful info KBOD9633.

I have been in the business of monitoring police/fire/public safety calls since 1971 using simple multi-band radios to crystal scanners up go analog/digital programmable trunking scanners requiring a computer.

This has been my personal hobby ever since we had had Radio Shack and Lafayette Electronics which both had knowledgeable staff and employees of which are now long gone.Lafayette electronics went out of business sometime after 1975 and Radio Shack this last year.

I have seen the many changes and reasons why this hobby is dying. Getting quality customer support quality service is gone. The real BAD thing is and most importantly not being able to get help from others who share the same love of this hobby who don't really care now with the new technologies that these scanners require. You get ridiculed or warned by people that run monitor these forums.

Good quality people are a minority today as the majority of them are just plain smart asses in their own little minds, stupid and don't really know the answers themselves.

They don't take the time to think they just open up their mouths up saying this and that not knowing all the facts yet they believe in their own little mind thinking being helpful and useful but in reality are just plain RUDE.

I am partially blind. The only eye I have left does not have full vision. I can read somewhat in one eye but with great difficulty. This is why this question might appear to be STUPID TO CERTAIN PEOPLE ON HERE being 80+ pages long.

This is killing off this hobby. Many times I have felt the same to quit this hobby and just let this hobby die a slow death. There are many times even sales people at the counter of these scanners stores if you can find one that you will find a knowledgeable person who can actually show you and explain to you in person about the features of the scanner and how to operate it. i.e. The sales people I have encountered at these scanner stores kiss it off as either they don't know or have the time to explain to a possible future customer, and just say, "google it" or search the internet i.e. U-Tube it or check other websites in here which skip alot of parts in the essence of time saving to make it look EASY.
Of course I get the very same thing here in the land of internet websites.

Lots of scanning publications we had before are now all gone. Just a pity.

So BOB, in light of all of the above and what I have experienced here, I appreciate your input and more importantly valuable very USEFUL information you have given to me. THANK YOU BOB.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
People aren't being rude when it is obvious that you did not bother to do what you were told at the outset of your quest--click on the link in post #1 of this thread, read and follow the instructions there.

The Uniden page linked in post #1 of this thread has clear, simple instructions, indicates Uniden will pay the shipping in both directions (Uniden sends you a prepaid shipping label), and answers all the other questions you've asked. You failed to follow simple instructions, continued to post multiple times in a manner that made it abundantly clear that you did not do what you were initially instructed to do, and then you posted a long rant criticizing the people who tried to help you as being uninformed, stupid, rude, smart-asses. Good day, sir.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Status of repair

I followed the instructions to have my 536 repaired. it arrived at Uniden on June 5. The status page still refers to the Email link Sent page after entering my reference number and zip code. Does this status page ever get updated or shall I continue to be patient and sit back and anticipate the radio to arrive at my door any day now having been repaired? Thanks.

Unforgiven_AF

I think UpMan said that it stays that way until a technical checks it in for actual service. I'm sure it's posted multiple times in the 82 pages of this thread somewhere, but that's the long and the short of it.

W5RGP

436 the main logic board is completely replaced. 536 repair is different.

We reflash the new board with the original ESN, but don't reapply keys.

Put a note for the tech about the DMR key. He'll verify the original upgrade and email me for the key and I'll make one (I do this on average a few times a week). In the odd chance that I'm not able to be reached immediately it could delay return (not usual, but I've had a few surprises in the last year that have resulted in some unexpected absences...there is a backup plan but usually he'll wait a day to get my reply before activating the backup).

Hey Paul
I shipped those 3 units in and out the note on the 436 about the dmr key and to contact you for another key

And also a note on 1 of the 536’s about the function knob not clicking when you push it in sometimes

Last night I received an email with an sro # of 2006438 I never got any such msgs with the last 2 units I’ve sent back before when I go to the repair status page and enter that sro number and my zip code it says nothing found

If I enter my phone number and zip code I get info on a 436 I sent back a couple months ago and has already been returned to me

Anyway for you to check that sro #

Thanks

W5RGP

Paul

Disregard my last post link is working now
They must have sent me the sro number before they had the info in the system

It’s showing all 3 radios have been received

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I believe there is a batch process that runs at night that updates the web status, so it can be behind the email, which is sent out live.

rcluster

Well, sometimes the repair dept is quick but sometimes not.
My 436 shows received 6/14 and apparently has not even been looked at yet.
Has an expected return ship date of 7/12.
Sent it in with 3 weeks before our trip figuring that would be plenty of time to get it back (they turned around my 536 in about a week).

SRO is 2006408 for UPMan if there is anything that can be done to get it back to me before July 1st.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Well, sometimes the repair dept is quick but sometimes not.
My 436 shows received 6/14 and apparently has not even been looked at yet.
Has an expected return ship date of 7/12.
Sent it in with 3 weeks before our trip figuring that would be plenty of time to get it back (they turned around my 536 in about a week).

SRO is 2006408 for UPMan if there is anything that can be done to get it back to me before July 1st.
It states in the campaign the repairs could take up to 3 weeks. They received it the 14th of June return shipping on the 12th of July. So by doing the math with Saturday and Sunday non working days they will have had your scanner 21 working days. Should have sent it earlier.

rcluster

It states
<snip>
Should have sent it earlier.

Thank you for that brilliant piece of advice, Captain Obvious.

Yes, of course I should have sent it in earlier. Not much can be done about that now.
Doesn't change the fact that I would like to have it for the upcoming trip.

WoodburyMan

Have you received your 436 back yet? Mine was sent in two weeks ago, and still nothing new on the Status Page..

They received both my SDS100 and HomePatrol II on 7/17 and nothing's been updated. Estimated ship date 8/14 it says.

I went as far as to write a powershell that polls that page every hour or two and compares the page from the last time it ran to the current time to alert me to any changes I'm getting so anxious lol. I have now been without my SDS100 for as long as I had it out of the box new.

Note I have to pay the $79.95 for my HP II repair, even though it's the exact same issue as the BCD436HP / BCD536HP scanners and others have it too and they're all the same series scanner and almost identical hardware....

mule1075

Feed Provider
the same series scanner and almost identical hardware....

Think again on that. And with them receiving it on the 17th they only have had it for 10 working days so to ship back on the 14th will be 19 working days is pretty much in line with the expected turn around time of 3 weeks.

Last edited:

WoodburyMan

My HPII was just marked as ready to be shipped. Hopefully my SDS100 will be done soon too, was looking forward to getting that back first as it was brand new but I'll take it. Leaves lead times for battery replacements like this at about 3 weeks currently.

Ubbe

They use the same RTC battery..... That's what I was referring too. None the less they are also the exact same problems and tons of HP II owners are having the same issue, but no recall / replacement campaign like for these scanners.

Even UPMan said that they expected the HPII to produce the same fault as they had the same design flaw. So it is a bit strange that they do not repair it for free when you send it in for the RTC problem.

/Ubbe

WoodburyMan

Even UPMan said that they expected the HPII to produce the same fault as they had the same design flaw. So it is a bit strange that they do not repair it for free when you send it in for the RTC problem.

/Ubbe

Yes. I have emailed their support twice, indicated based on the forms that they were the same defective rechargeable RTC battery part that is covered under this recall, they seemed to have a deaf ear to it. Consindering they are the same part and same generation units, I have no idea why they decided to leave us HPII owners behind when it comes to standing by their products.

This is why i waited over a year to fix mine, hoping they would add this so I wouldn't have to pay the $80 to fix a product defect, but when my SDS knob broke I found my HPII useless as a backup scanner since by the time I heard sirens, turned the unit on and spent over a minute waiting for it to turn on and program the date/time in, I'd miss too much radio traffic. I paid $550+ for my HPII, and purchased the Extreme Upgrade for it, likewise I got the brand new SDS100 and all 3 upgrades for it.. I feel I should have gotten better product support being a loyal customer, and same goes for all other HPII users.

Status
Not open for further replies.