x36Hp & SDS100 delay time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I searched the forum and couldn't find the answer. Monitoring P25 Phase l and Phase 2 systems, Could anyone tell me the best delay time for the x36hp and SDS100 scanners?

Thanks,

troymail

Silent Key
Obviously, in the real world, the delay is indefinite (users typically are locked onto a single conventional channel or control channel and talkgroup) and maybe (if allowed by the system programmers/admins) scanning other channels/talkgroups with priority given to the selected talkgroup (or maybe another like "dispatch").

Beyond that, it would seem that the factory default delay (hold on talkgroup following a voice call) on a scanner would be the best "generic" setting. After that, the only one that would know is the scanner user who make a change to overcome some type of issue (like missing responses) for the systems they monitor. Of course, making changes - particularly to delay and hold settings - will affect overall performance of scanning multiple systems or sites on a single single system.

Having said that - I tend to leave the delays as is - and if I hear something of interest, I'll manually hold on that talkgroup.

Last edited:

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
For me my personal preference is 2 seconds system hold time. This is more then enough but i like to make sure the control channel is monitored and conversations arent missed.
Then on channels/talk groups like primary fire and police dispatch channels i use 4-5 second delays.
on lesser used channels i may opt for 2-3 seconds. Play with it and find what works for you.

dsankir

For me my personal preference is 2 seconds system hold time. This is more then enough but i like to make sure the control channel is monitored and conversations arent missed.
Then on channels/talk groups like primary fire and police dispatch channels i use 4-5 second delays.
on lesser used channels i may opt for 2-3 seconds. Play with it and find what works for you.

Best answer on your last words :)

Play with it and find what works for you..

Excatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.